2014 Indian Chief
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Indian Chief

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 Indian Chief

I had read that Polaris was going to unveil the 2014 Indian Chief at Sturgis on Saturday, Aug 3. I just visited http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/home. It still just says "Coming Soon".

Does anyone know when the reveal is going to happen?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GL1800Riders.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Cyril Huze' site says 9 p.m. mountain time
    Swing for the fences

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian

Check Indian on Facebook. Supposed to be about 9pm tonight MDT. Don't know what time that would be where you are located. Hope this helps, Dave
    "Time may be a great teacher, but it is a HORRIBLE beautician!"

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

MONDAY 8/5 on "American Pickers" show! National debut of the bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Cyril Huze' site says 9 p.m. mountain time
    That sure is a nice avatar.
    2007 dark blue Navi
    Traxxion "Mega Monty"
    IBA #54656

Post Thanks / Like

Florian Neuhauser (RoadRunner Magazine) jsut posted on their Facebook page that it'll be within the hour.

AMA - BMW MOA

'07 Honda GL1800A Goldwing
    '14 Ford F-450 PLATINUM
    '14 Dutchmen VOLTAGE 3200 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

Post Thanks / Like

SOMEONE GOT 18,000 LAYING AROUND FOR ME I''L BRING IT TO YOUR HOUSE ! ( TO LOOK AT ) HOPEFULLY DO ALLRITE THIS TIME ! PRICED BETTER -MOTOR SOUNDS GREAT - PICS I'VE SEEN ARE GOOD ALSO.
    LIFE AINT ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL - BUT IT'S A BEAUTIFUL RIDE PROWLER # 62 DS #683 DUNNIE (1)3000 -18,500MILES (2 )5000 -27,000 MILES -GOT ALPIN 3 -23,500 - WANLI RF NOW -BT45 FRONT -

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just another old air cooled V-twin,.....I'm bored already and I haven't seen it. Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. looks like a 7spd? 111 cubes Bluetooth. Priced the same as the Victory bikes and F6B... 5 year warranty is nice.
    Marc

08 Titanium
    00 ST1100 ABS
    IBA # 505 Honored to be a PGR Member
    DS# 1425
    Ever feel like you've been there and got the T-Shirt? "Per Ardua Ad Astra"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by traveler46 View Post
    Just another old air cooled V-twin,.....I'm bored already and I haven't seen it. Barry
    I tend to agree.........!!!!!! AND.......how long will this re-incarnated Indian be around this time......???????
    ​"RIDE WHEN IT IS SUNNY - WORK WHEN IT RAINS!"
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
    electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    I could Have Gone to Work Today But the Voices in My Head said Stay Home And Clean The Guns.....!

HAHAHAHAH...!! ANYTHING HAPPEN WHEN YA CLICKED.???

Former rides: 1951 HD EL, Vespa, 1955 HD KHK, 1998 Boss Hoss, 2003 Suzuki GSXR-1000, 2005 Suzuki GSXR-1000, Current rides: 2001 GL1800, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400

Post Thanks / Like

Don't much care for the Fairing but at least the price has come down to something approaching realistic!
    Current Bikes:
    * 2013 Honda Goldwing Air Bag
    * 2010 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail
    * 2003 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
    * 1971 Triumph Bonneville

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Long ago (40s after WWII) my dad was an Indian dealer so I've always had a soft spot for them. I even bought the Kawasaki Drifter back in '99 when it came out, figured it was as close as I'd get to owning an Indian. Fast forward to 2013 and I'd thought to wait until the new Chief came out before buying another bike. Glad now I didn't, that new design lacks the good stying taste of the originals and the fairing is especially ugly and overdone. Maybe they'll fix that for '15 and I'll look again.

As to how long Indian will be around this time, Polaris Industries, who owns Indian and Victory, is no small, underfunded outfit like the "Gilroy Indian" company was.

Doug K. '05 GL1800 and one junk Bultaco. My pictures. My Blog.
    "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" - Eric Hoffer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemxr View Post
    Long ago (40s after WWII) my dad was an Indian dealer so I've always had a soft spot for them. I even bought the Kawasaki Drifter back in '99 when it came out, figured it was as close as I'd get to owning an Indian. Fast forward to 2013 and I'd thought to wait until the new Chief came out before buying another bike. Glad now I didn't, that new design lacks the good stying taste of the originals and the fairing is especially ugly and overdone. Maybe they'll fix that for '15 and I'll look again.

As to how long Indian will be around this time, Polaris Industries, who owns Indian and Victory, is no small, underfunded outfit like the "Gilroy Indian" company was.
    That may be true that Polaris is well-funded......BUT there is a lotta bikes out there.....and a ton of competition too. AND paying that much $$$$$$$ for a 1940's front fender......is still a lotta bucks.......
    ​"RIDE WHEN IT IS SUNNY - WORK WHEN IT RAINS!"
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
    electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    I could Have Gone to Work Today But the Voices in My Head said Stay Home And Clean The Guns.....!

HAHAHAHAH...!! ANYTHING HAPPEN WHEN YA CLICKED.???

Former rides: 1951 HD EL, Vespa, 1955 HD KHK, 1998 Boss Hoss, 2003 Suzuki GSXR-1000, 2005 Suzuki GSXR-1000, Current rides: 2001 GL1800, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously it looks good might become a collectable if they stop making them again if they come down here I would say expect to pay $40 grand or more well see

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Another over-priced antique air-cooled V twin manufactured by a snowmobile company? No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Really think the fairing is overdone, but, far better than the Victory Bozo design.

If it was to be the 2nd bike, I'd much rather have the Chief Classic with a windscreen.
    "The worst of all fears is the fear of living.", Theodore Roosevelt

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cycle World has a test ride on one already---personally--I like them--am more then pleased with my F6B, but these bikes look good, good prices,and have nice extra little touches to them---Good Luck Indian!!!

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Next year I will add this to my F6B:

2010 Camaro SS
    2012 Ram truck
    ---------------------------------------
    2010 HD Deluxe
    2012 Kaw Concours 14
    2007 HD Road Glide
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2007 BMW K1200R
    2003 BMW Rockster
    2000 Suzi Hayabusa
    1999 HD FXDX
    1985 Honda 700s

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XheeEX00t4

Let's see. Bluetooth for phone and audio helmet headset, key fob with auto start, hard saddle bags that are removable for cleaning or looks, seat out of leather, full fairing and saddlebags, power windshield with 4 inches of adjustment, tpms that shows tire pressure at the flip of a switch, anti lock brakes, keyless start, all stock. I am not explaing a BMW or Goldwing but a Indian. Hummmmm

Competition makes us all better. Honda wake up. The wing is an old design
    Last edited by laen; 08-04-2013 at 09:14 AM.

2010 Red GL1800 Traxxion/Centramatic
    2005 Silver GL1800-TE(sold)
    LIMNCS#1, GWRRA
    Iron Butt-B2B,BB1500,SS1000
    Michelin Alpin PA3-R, B'Stone 709-F

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people here don't appreciate the lack of plastic and plastic chrome, and afraid they'll be accused of being labeled as not "real" riders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laen View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XheeEX00t4

Let's see. Bluetooth for phone and audio helmet headset, key fob with auto start, hard saddle bags that are removable for cleaning or looks, seat out of leather, full fairing and saddlebags, power windshield with 4 inches of adjustment, tpms that shows tire pressure at the flip of a switch, anti lock brakes, keyless start, all stock. I am not explaing a BMW or Goldwing but a Indian. Hummmmm

Competition benefits us all and the wing is, like me, getting long of tooth. Although not a big fan of V-twins (I like V4s and boxers), I hope Indian kicks some ass rather than become another collector's item.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laen View Post

Yup! Bluetooth capabilities, real TPMS, these are all things Honda already has in place elsewhere in their corporation. I think moving them to the two-wheeled aspect of their company would be easy.

While a cosmetic change is over due, it seems like a few "feature" changes would make the current Wing travel for a few more years. Overall it might be cheaper?

Who knows what Honda is thinking. They play their cards close to the vest. We might all be surprised at what they put out for 2014 or in 2015 (hopefully).

Howard "SpEd" Camardelle
    2012 Candy Red Airbag
    Yokohama AVID ENVigor ZPS Run Flat
    195/55R/16 34 PSI

Post Thanks / Like

Test rides available in Lowell, NC (right next to Charlotte) on August 23, 2013.

I'm going. Anyone wanna meet me down there? I want to try the Chieftain touring version with the delightfully over-done Art Deco fairing.

For all you self-hating Wing riders out there (you know who you are), the new Chieftain has an electric windshield, 6 gears, a 100 horsepower/115 foot pounds engine (about like the Wing--at least on paper) and standard ABS. I'm not planning to buy one, but love where they're going with the bike. Well done, Indian Motorcycles. (Now, if they would just add reverse!)
    Last edited by CruiseControl; 08-04-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Live, love, laugh,
    CruiseControl

Relax and keep one eye on your future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Is it really true that the yellow ones are faster, get better mileage, etc, etc, etc?

email: rickavethlove@cableone.net

Seasoned Member
    Morganville, New Jersey / Naples, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a fan of V-Twins. To me, they were always under powered and as I see in the new Indian, that trait will continue. I paid less than the new Indian for my 2nd Generation VMax with 197 hps at the crank in a 1679 cc liquid cooled V4 engine (labeled as a 1700). So my 200 mm rear tires don't last long, just under 4,000 miles. Who cares! At my age, I'm not a fan of high speeds either, but excitement in extremely quick acceleration is what makes my heart tick. When other riders speak to me out on the road, the first thing they say is, 'how fast have I ridden it?' To which I reply that it is more like 'how quickly I go fast!

I wish Indian all the success and hope that all the riders that purchase this bike are happy with their acquisition. It is good to see competition. The new Indian just does not excite me!

Seasoned Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I

They have a winner in this new lineup.........The Chieftain is a winner.....I am familiar with Polaris and their research and testing and it is the best. I would now look seriously at this bike.

If all else fails, "Read The Instructions".
    2008 Black In The Stable
    2004 Candy Black Cherry (Sold it)
    1975 CB500T (Restoration Project) (Sold)
    2004 Hannigan Candy Black Cherry (Sold)

Post Thanks / Like

The engine is anything BUT an old antique V-twin. At least it looks like a motorcycle and not like the starship enterprise like our wings do. Old technology is a Wing design that started In 1975 and has barely changed in all these years. Park the Wing next to this new Indian and NOBODY will find your Wing attractive except people that love Motorhomes. Sam
    Read John 3:16
    KF6GUW Extra

2012 BLUE Honda Goldwing
    2010 Honda NT 700
    2013 Kymco Xcting 500RI ABS Scooter

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of many different styles and types of motorcycles v- twins being one of my favorites, I think Polaris have done a wonderful job with the new Indians. That being said, I don't understand why some feel it necessary to criticize the wing. Some say the wing is old and dated tied to its 1975 roots while other brands are free to embrace there 1930's and 1940's heritage. Others say the wing looks like a spaceship with all the plastic and buttons, while the fastest growing segment of motorcycling sport and sport touring also include plastic body panels not to mention the amount of plastic used in modern automobiles. I am not against technology or improments. I don't wont blutooth if it forces me to buy a certain brand of helmet and communicator, I don't want a electric windshield if it don't protect me as we'll from the elements, I don't want keyless start if a loss key fob cost me a 1,000 dollars , I don't want to have to scroll through menus and sub menus for basic functions, but for you all that do I'm glad there are options out ther for you. Ride and let ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.