GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 02 Wing and I have the dreaded low speed brake squeal. I have read on previous posts that these models were affected by rear rotors that were too soft and that the dealer replaced them under warranty.
I read all of the Honda technical bulletins and have not found anything that addresses this problem and my local dealer din't seem to know anything about this.
My bike has an extended warranty and I would like to get this squeal corrected. Does anyone have any documentation on this problem that I would be able to show the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
High Road,

If there are no mechanical problems (unlikely). What needs to be done if it bothers you, is to pull the pads, clean the rotor and calipers, put a little anti squeal on the back of the pads. Re install and go riding.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
TheHighRoad said:
I bought a used 02 Wing and I have the dreaded low speed brake squeal. I have read on previous posts that these models were affected by rear rotors that were too soft and that the dealer replaced them under warranty.
I have an early '02 (built 10/01) and don't have the problem you mention. Everything I've heard about the soft rear rotor was on an '01 bike, not on an '02.

First, try the procedure Dawg gave you. If that doesn't work and you still want to replace the rotor, try to buy one that was taken off from a trike conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts