GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the hubby's 05, traded my 02 off for his 12. WOW, can't believe how different the 05 is from my 02. The handlebars sit different and the sound system is horrible, can't get any volume out of it. Did they go backwards that much in three years?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Whew! I was afraid you were going to say it the other way around and I just recently purchased an 01. Sure was going to be dissappointed hearing about how much better the newer ones were! LOL

·
Registered
989 Posts
are you sure that you didn't have risers or if you didn't the '05 does. Should be exactly the same otherwise...I had an '02 and now an '05...same!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, figured it all out. He had risers on the 05, took them off and GREAT position again. Radio button wasn't functioning, re=checked it and now with risers off, all tight and working better, still NOT the volume and sound of the OLD bike. Next complaint, that stupid TRAXXION crap ain't worth having with short legs, It sits different and is way harder to pick up off the kickstand and you sit UP in the air, a way different ride and I would say it is a WORSE ride.:-(

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, figured it all out. He had risers on the 05, took them off and GREAT position again. Radio button wasn't functioning, re=checked it and now with risers off, all tight and working better, still NOT the volume and sound of the OLD bike. Next complaint, that stupid TRAXXION crap ain't worth having with short legs, It sits different and is way harder to pick up off the kickstand and you sit UP in the air, a way different ride and I would say it is a WORSE ride.:-(
Put your flame suit on !!!!:eek:4:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
The Traxxion upgrades must be setup for a heavier rider or for two up riding. I bet if the suspension was tuned for the lighter weight she would like the ride much better.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
You go and tell your Husband Rocky said "You're a Lucky man to be married to a Smart Woman" :thumbup:
:congrats: to both of you on the new bikes.
Now tell him to get that crap off your bike!.lol

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:popcorn: The Traxion fans are coming with pitchforks! :joke:

Oh, now you've done it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I just took the hubby's 05, traded my 02 off for his 12. WOW, can't believe how different the 05 is from my 02. The handlebars sit different and the sound system is horrible, can't get any volume out of it. Did they go backwards that much in three years?
Install a boosteroo in the left pocket. PM for details
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Install a $30.00 Boosteroo in the left pocket. PM for details 30 amp booster.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Contact LarryM, he can downgrade your amplifier to the higher-power unit that they had in the early bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts