GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 that I have finally decided that I will not ride again (long story). I have decided to sell it and would like to have a clear conscience knowing that it is a safe to ride bike. It has been in the garage for 4 years and not started in about one year. The battery will be replaced and the clutch fluid level is low, so it will be bled and fluid changed (hopefully no leaks to repair). Any and all help with what all should be changed, flushed, cleaned, etc., would be greatly appreciated. Bill

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Tires and air cleaner come to mind. If the bike has not been ridden in four years, the tires could have some dry rot and the air cleaner box may have a mouse nest in there.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
How it was prepared for storage is most important. Hopefully it has not been sitting that long with untreated fuel in the tank and lines. If so, just sell it cheap "as is" and inform the buyer of the possible task ahead of him/her.

prs

·
Vendor
18,419 Posts
I would do an oil/filter change. Change the anti-freeze since it is older then 2yrs. Check the tires for dry rot but they will probably be fine if it was garaged. Get the battery charged and tested and replaced if needed. Put a fuel cleaner/stabilizer in tank. Start it and take if for a long ride and think about whether you really want to sell it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts