GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experince with what dealers are giving for trade ins? I am considering trading in my 02 non ABS Wing with 8500 miles on it for an 04 ABS. I just had the ECM and frame done.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Random guess 10,000-$12,000 if buying at list of new bike. Do not be surprised if offerred lower for a real DEAL!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I traded my 02 with 10,000 miles on a non ABS 04 last year. I got 13,000 for my trade and paid 17,000 for the new one. In other words I got 12,000 for my bike because the dealer sells 04 non ABS for 16,000.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SL - 1800 question

Steve why did you trade your 02 in?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
VA,

Bet you could do better on a private deal, if you want to go through the hassel.

Don't forget, the dealer has to prep the bike etc. etc. At least that is what they tell us.

Spring is on it's way, bet you could get a good price for your bike and then have buying power at your dealer, for an 04.

Bulldog

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just know the implication of not trading you machine with the dealer.

In New York we pay tax on the difference between trade and sell price. This may not be true in all states.

Dawg you got to sell if for more then 7 to 8% more then the dealer will give you. If not you will loose in selling outright.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the way people are bidding on ebay, i think you could sell yor 02 there and then be able to play a little hard ball with a dealer for a better price.

loren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts