GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trading my '02 for a '06 or '07 wing - will the trailer hitch from the '02 fit the '06?

Thanks for any input.

Ken H>

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Depends on the make of the hitch........

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Bike - I think. The one the dealer installed at time of purchase April '03..... maybe not, it has the vertical receiver.

Ken

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If the cost of a Trailer Hitch is all that holding up your Purchase, you don’t really want a new –same as the old wing design- Since the after market has come up with a change for the suspension –Honda will soon be changing the design of the wing.

I’d hold out for the (new design) unless your 02 has over 300 thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have an 05 and I know that the previous years Hitch Doctor hitch would not fit the 05's. I went to order a hitch from Hitch Doctor (April of 05) and they said they did not have a hitch ready for the new 05's yet. Honda made a small mod to something (swingarm?) so it would have more clearance from the exhaust I believe. The Hitch Doc hitch had to be modified for the 05 and they had not done that yet. I assume that Honda kept that mod on later models so the 02 hitch may not fit the 06 & 07 models. I went with a Bushtec. Great hitch. Best thing would be to call the mfg of the hitch you have and ask them. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get the one from AddOn. Has a vertical receiver and is about $150.00. Will fix on ALL 1800 WINGS Easy to install, quality is there for Made In China!

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I'd recommend getting anything besides Add-On.

To add to what bangladave said, there were changes in 2006 as well. And I heard at first (not 100% sure) that the only hitch that would fit the 2006 at first was Bushtec so odds are the Big Bike hitch from 2003 won't work. A trailer hitch isn't an area to skimp - get the best. Bushtec.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Add-On Hitch

I've installed 22 add-on hitches this year on '07 to -03s...not a problem...best hitch for your money...I also used the add-on hitch on my personal bikes from '03 to '07...my .02 cents...facts.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Re: Add-On Hitch

[quote='04 Black]I've installed 22 add-on hitches this year on '07 to -03s...not a problem...best hitch for your money...I also used the add-on hitch on my personal bikes from '03 to '07...my .02 cents...facts.[/quote]Maybe "for your money" it is. That's always a red flag for me. I bought a video card once that everybody was telling me was the best "for the money." It was a POS. Sure, you couldn't get a better one for that price, but I wanted a good video card.

If they work for you, fine. I'm no fan though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts