GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the key to lock and unlock my trunk/saddlebags. (No remote.) Sometimes I'll turn the key to unlock it, feel it click, but pull the handle and it won't open the trunk. I have to repeatedly work the key/handle/press down and pull up on the trunk until eventually it opens. Because I never know when my trunk will decide to not open, I have stopped ever locking it. Is there a way to fix this so I can lock my luggage again?

·
Vendor
18,664 Posts
I use the key to lock and unlock my trunk/saddlebags. (No remote.) Sometimes I'll turn the key to unlock it, feel it click, but pull the handle and it won't open the trunk. I have to repeatedly work the key/handle/press down and pull up on the trunk until eventually it opens. Because I never know when my trunk will decide to not open, I have stopped ever locking it. Is there a way to fix this so I can lock my luggage again?
Start by checking the 2 strikers attached to the lid. From side to side, they should have no movement. If they are loose, carefully try and tighten them. On older 5th gen, and newer ones too, often luggage racks are added, and the added load can stress, strip, and break the bosses. If you're not able to tighten them, remove them and the inner lid liner to inspect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts