GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 gl1800 keeps blowing the low beam fuse after i use reverse, stop, and disengage the reverse it will blow. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I just installed LED low beams (which SUCK) and since installing them when ever i use the reverse, back it up, and disengage the reverse sending it to nutural it will blow the fuse.
I've searched this forum and others and it all seams to lead to the reverse switch. I'm planning on pulling the switch apart this weekend and cleaning the contacts but was checking to see if anyone has had this problem and may know a solution before spending a bunch of money. Thanks for any help you can provide, its much appreciated.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,379 Posts
My 03 gl1800 keeps blowing the low beam fuse after i use reverse, stop, and disengage the reverse it will blow. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I just installed LED low beams (which SUCK) and since installing them when ever i use the reverse, back it up, and disengage the reverse sending it to nutural it will blow the fuse.
I've searched this forum and others and it all seams to lead to the reverse switch. I'm planning on pulling the switch apart this weekend and cleaning the contacts but was checking to see if anyone has had this problem and may know a solution before spending a bunch of money. Thanks for any help you can provide, its much appreciated.
If it’s blowing the 15A fuse, I would put your old bulbs back in and see if it blows it again. The reverse switch isn’t directly connected to the headlight load circuit.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Take a good look with flashlight to ensure the connectors on the back of the led headlight bulbs are connected correctly.

I discovered that I somehow missed one of the blades on one of my bulbs! It still illuminated, but the wire was hot!

Greg
2004 GL1800
Rider 123, 2019 Tour of Honor
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts