GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend wants to buy a goldwing and needs to know the difference between the two latest years . i told him to buy it from la cycle world in ingelwood they seem to have the best prices on new (west cosat of course) bikes.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
1. The colors are differant
2. The 04's have a vent in the windshield
3. They also have lighted controls
4. No Frame Welding issues
5. No ECM issues
6. And the Black Cherry is OTTA SITE ! :yes2:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mike L said:
1. The colors are differant
2. The 04's have a vent in the windshield
3. They also have lighted controls
4. No Frame Welding issues
5. No ECM issues
6. And the Black Cherry is OTTA SITE ! :yes2:
also add:

04 is one year newer according to blue book value
price on a 04 is not much more than an unused 03
04 has an additional exhaust heat shield

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Mike nailed it!!!!!!

Mike, you the man. Good answer !!!! I couldn't agree more on your choice of color. That Dark Cherry is a sight to see. My mouth just dropped when I saw a Champion trike in dark cherry.

G

·
0 Posts
Honda made a BIG mistake on the 04's I can't reccomend anyone buy one.....they aren't available in yellow :?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Naw, the BIG mistake was:

NO ORANGE

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
o4's

My dealer told me the radiators were larger than the previous years.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey guys,

I am back from Milpitas Honda with my BLACK CHERRY ~!!!

She's in the garage BABY....

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Re: o4's

Rackets said:
My dealer told me the radiators were larger than the previous years.
I think your dealer's pulling your leg. Without a design change, there isn't any more room for larger radiators. I had an 03, & now an 04. Best I can tell, there's no difference in the radiators.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I agree with Verdayne on the radiator issue, except for the vented wind shield and the lighted instruments, the two years are virtually the same bikes.

I'd say for your friend to made the best deal on both years and look at the numbers on both bikes, see how they compare, then make the final choice. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about a great deal on a 03 Wing if the numbers worked out more favorably. With my setup the vented windshield is not particularly appealing to me anyway (IMO) and by adding the Rivco Illuminated Rider Controls you have as good or better a setup as the 04's.

Lastly, if your friend is going to really ride this bike and keep it for a good number of years (which I am assuming he is) the difference in a 03 and a 04 at the end of his period of ownership is not that big a difference anyway. As far as the frame and ECM factor, IMO it isn't an issue and the 03 doesn't bother me there either.

Look at the numbers on both bikes, the color of bike he wants and make the best choice with everything on the table.

DaleC

·
Registered
891 Posts
Difference 03 04

Price is why I got the 04,did some shopping and got it cheaper than a 03,that already had a frame crack,boy is he hot. :roll:

·
Registered
891 Posts
NO brainer

I got an 04 cheaper than a 03,and the 03 I know who got it,and one month,had a frame crack.He raised all kind of hell,but Honda said sorry. :cry: In Nov you still got 3 03's on the floor,that means your price is out of here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts