GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the front lower cowl and the lower side panels and the panels by the pass. floorboards painted. I really like the look.

[/img]

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Looks like that is the way it should be done!! :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I work at the Ford dealership here in town and the bodyshop guy painted them for me for $50.00. I did all the sanding and pep work and he painted them. Took 4 coats of paint and put on 2 coats of clear. They turned out really nice I thought. We used a color from an 06 Hummer. Matched really well as you can see by the picture.

G

·
0 Posts
That really does look to be a factory job. Kudos to you for having success in matching up red paint.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
LIMNCS approved

Nice

·
Registered
630 Posts
Very, very nice!

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
That really gave it the finishing touch. Looks great, makes me wanna do it too. Terry 8)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

GW03,
Nice touch there, makes it look much more finished without the nasty glare just smooth continuation of the paint job. :wink:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Really nice job, hats off to you!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Paul, that looks great. I think it really sets the bike apart from all the rest.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Looks sweet, just wondering, why didn't you paint the saddlebag guards while you were at it??? Think it may have been too much???

Looks real nice though, I like it..

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
goldwing03 said:
Well, I work at the Ford dealership here in town and the bodyshop guy painted them for me for $50.00. I did all the sanding and pep work and he painted them. Took 4 coats of paint and put on 2 coats of clear. They turned out really nice I thought. We used a color from an 06 Hummer. Matched really well as you can see by the picture.
it looks great

now keep going and spray all the rest

my 06 will be all body color as soon as winter hits

right down to the radio knobs

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Kool! Thanks for sharing. I'd been messing around trying to see what that would look like by dabbing color on a picture. Didn't look too good. But your pic makes it look sharp. Give's me the boost I needed to go ahead with the Burnt orange metalic job. :yes1:
Thanks,
DC

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
p

www.roadtripessentials.com sells color matched parts for the wing for those of us that don't know how to paint. I have a painted dash and love it, my next piece will be the lower cowl and then the muffler covers, but that will be all.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looks great. Now you have to get the boomerangs painted the same as the cowl.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts