GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its done! Just got back from Honda Direct Line in Ohio with our new '04 Candy Red ABS and tucked her away in the garage for the night. Its been a nightmare getting our totalled '03 replaced.

I want to take a moment to recap the story so that the end has more meaning. For those who remember, we crashed our '03 in August and the insurance company totalled the bike. We ordered an '04 Candy Red ABS in November from the same dealer that our last two Wings came from. To keep it short, we had three confirmed delivery dates that all came and went without the new wing showing up. The first date was Nov 22. At the end of January the dealership calls and says they can't get an '04 Candy Red ABS until June 2004 -- there are none to be had anywhere!

That didn't sit right with me so I called Hal who said that according to the computer, there were two dealers in Maryland with Candy Red on the floor. Hal looked deeper into his computer and found he too had one sitting in the Chicago warehouse. Bought it on the spot! Cancelled the order with the other dealer. And to put the story to rest... the new Wing arrived at its new home today.

Of course, it has already cost me a bunch in accessories which are due to arrive this coming week.

My thanks to Hal for taking the time to help and for looking deeper into the computer to find what we were looking for. Enjoyed visiting Jon at the Ohio dealership.

Life is back to normal!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congratulations! I just got my new wing two weeks ago. I have been sneaking out between snow flakes & single digit temps and have managed a couple hundred miles. Have fun putting on the new goodies!

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "goodies" thing is about to start. I got to take just about everything off the wrecked '03 so I have them to put on the '04. Plus I've already ordered and received some additionals and I have a big order on its way from Hal. Figured I might as well take the plastic off and do the most of the installs over the next weekend or two and just get it done. Although the thought of drilling into the plastic for the CB and rear spoiler has me a little nervous.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congratulations !!!

I'll be picking up my new ride in two days hopefully.
I know that'll be the longest two days but what can you do????
Hope to see you sometime, somewhere on a ride...
Congratulations again, and
Ride safe,

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Toisich,

Glad that you finally have completed the circle. Now would this story had been shorter, had you started out with Hal?

I don't move, unless I let HDL know what I am doing...LOL

Better luck with your new ride.

Bulldog

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, but I did. Called them first and they didn't have one available. Was put on an "will call" list but was never called. Then my other dealer said they could have it in a week. So the circle was complete.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did more than that. Do to the weather and the cold mountains between here and Ohio we had to trailer the bike. So we backed the trailer into the drive and I started the wing and backed it out of the Low Hauler. Then I drove it around the driveway and side parking area before parking in the garage.

With the warm weather the past week all of our snow has melted, and with a three day weekend, you never know........

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darn, just listened to the weather and its suppose to be cold with chance of rain/ice/snow. Maybe I'll just sit on it in the garage instead :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Candy Red

Congratulations for you patience. Candy Red is the FASTEST AND SWEETEST color!! I haven't seen many around here but that's fine with me since I don't see myself coming down the road all the time. :) I had the ECU upgrade done in November but so far, i haven't noticed much difference. It was so-o-o good to begin with.

Oh, by the way, I went riding today. It was partly cloudy and 64 degrees here in Sacramento. :D

Jim Bondeson
2003 Candy Red GL1800 ABS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.