GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the board . I am thinking about buying a 04 wing, but I have heard that there have been a few problems with the 01-03 wings(overheating & subframe's cracking). Does anyone know have these problems been fixed on the 04's? Is there any other problems with the wings that I have not heard about beside the ones I mentioned above? Or should I hold out and wait for the 05? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
I have not heard anyone with an 04 to have those 2 problems, however they do have a MAJOR problem....the 04's don't come in yellow !! :shock:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
And if you are looking for an '04 with ABS, you might have to wait till the '05 comes out.

I think Mother Honda only made a dozen or so '04s. Hal is looking for an ABS model for a guy I know for the last two weeks.

Bulldog

G

·
0 Posts
What do you mean they do not come in yellow? I'm picking my 2004 Yellow up Friday. :) :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's right no yellow 04's. I did see where one rider talked a dealer into taking the yellow parts from an '03 and swapping the parts on a white '04.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Problem free

Are you waiting for a problem free bike?

Good luck.

Remember, life is what happens while you are making plans.

I'm riding all my problems(?), and having one great time.

Enjoy the wait.

·
Registered
184 Posts
04 GL1800

Motosports in Joneboro, GA can get you a 04 with ABS. I just talked with Jonathan May at 770-603-3370 and he has one available.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I've had 5700 problem free miles on my 04 since sept 2003

although I do clean the bugs off the scooter once a week... ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts

It is likely that if you find an '03 on the showroom floor, it will be outside of the frame recall. Just check the serial numbers. After the ECM fix, I think it is the same as the '04's. Someone please post if I am wrong about this.

The cosmetic differences are a vent in the windshield and back lighted controls by the grips.

Also, if anyone wants to swap out white parts for my yellow, just let me know. I would even kick in some $$.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
YellowWingBen:

As someone else mentioned in a different posting,
Krylon had a commercial on TV the other day. They
claim to have a spray paint made just for plastics.
They said NO sanding required. It bonds molecularly.
Yellow & White, I like that. Hadn't envisioned those
2 merged.

·
Registered
451 Posts
BIG PROBLEM with my 04

Big Problem ....I don't get to ride as much as I want to because of WORK. :evil:

2,732 Posts
Yeh, i got a problem

My beloved Canyon Dancer sit's in my garage with dust collecting on the seat while i go to work and look at it longingly as I pull out of the garage at daybreak and return after dark, meanwhile I see all these retired guys and gals crusing by my office on their Wings having a great time and enjoying our Colorado outdoors. yeh, that's a problem that not very much fun to deal with! That's the only problem I've had with this incredible freedom machine!! DARN BIG PROBLEM THO!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Drove my new '04 out of the dealership on December 18th and have had NO MAJOR PROBLEMS. A small problem with the windshield not locking was promptly fixed by my dealer, Motosports Honda of Canton in Canton, GA. Drove it down to Florida District Rally last week and was stuck in some awful traffic in Kisimmee and NO OVERHEATING problem.

After 4 model years Honda finally got it right!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts