GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent post about seat removal brought up the subject of plastic bushings. Did they change these in 04? Mine are rubber with a metal sleave. The rubber part is approx 1 7/16 in diameter. They fit very snug into a recess in the seat. I have to tug on one to remove it.

Does this mean that replacements will be different depending upon the year?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Jim

I think Lucky Phil just used the wrong word to describe the rubber grommets that fall out as we all know. And I don't know for a fact if they have changed ? I would think not, as the seat has not changed. I'm not sure ? But it might have been one of those Moments we all have ? LOL :angle1:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Did I say plastic? DID I SAY PLASTIC? :lol:

I work at a pvc plastic plant...I've got plastic on the mind. They are rubber aren't they? Now, you've got me confused.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Jim-

I haven't taken my seat off yet to look for missing parts, but did you see a way that the spacers could be tie-wrapped in place? :?: Maybe I gotta see it for myself.

Thanx, -Bob :D

M

·
0 Posts
I was glad to see the post last evening about wire tying the spacers on the seat. Mine always fall out and then just as I finish the third bolt I see one laying on the floor of the garage and I have to start all over again.

I also liked the suggestion of using a little silicone to hold them in.
:sw1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts