GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike starts and runs great, but only for a few miles. Within first 10 miles I get an F1 code on dash. Will not idol. Took the bike to the dealer, diagnoses, advised bike presents with a code 25, indicating right knock sensor. Technicians note: indicate "code 25 for a bad ECM module," so obviously this is a very expensive repair.

I've also been advised that the problem might be caused by a inexpensive ($80.) control module (not sure which one) by another Honda dealer.

Obviously I'm frustrated, any insight/input you can give me would be greatly appreciated. this is my first post so I'm hoping for some good feedback. thank you.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Bump up so those that know more may see your post and offer up info. But, how about confirming good ground locations. You have a factory service manual right? Cycledude had a similar quirk, I think he replaced ECM in his. Can’t remember right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Almost without exception, the ECM is the glitch with a 25 code. Many have been able to grab a used unit from eBay or a bike salvage, the best, most reliable fix is to bite the bullet for an OEM unit... sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts