GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting a new 1800 this week with the Premium Audio Package...what is the quality of the factory Honda speakers as it comes from Honda. I up graded my 1500 SE with nice Alpines for better sound and was very happy with them.....so, I want to know if the stock ones are cheapies, or a quality product so I can leave it alone....

Any comments are appreciated...thanks....

·
Chard Member
13,044 Posts
Re: 06 1800 quality of all speakers with Honda Audio Package

Basspro said:
Am getting a new 1800 this week with the Premium Audio Package...what is the quality of the factory Honda speakers as it comes from Honda. I up graded my 1500 SE with nice Alpines for better sound and was very happy with them.....so, I want to know if the stock ones are cheapies, or a quality product so I can leave it alone....

Any comments are appreciated...thanks....
If your 1500 didn't have a amp added, the new stock 1800 audio will flat blow it away. I don't know about the "quality" of the new speakers, but the system rocks! :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
My first wing so I can't vouch for previous versions, but I have to agree with Red: they sound Great!!

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do know well produced music when I hear it...

No upgrades required...

Lance

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just bought a new 06 with premium sound last Friday, The speakers sound great. no distortion when I turn it full up. You will like it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have had my 06 for over 18000 miles now

the amp is nice, and a heck of an improvement over the 02stock setup

but the speakers are still no where near as good as the setup i had in the 02,

i had 5.25 inch alpines in the front and 5.25 inch sony explods in the rear, and powered it with an ec amp

the 06 has very small magnets in the speakers and are just asking for a upgrade

unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be swap out speakers that will fit, since the 06 speakers are very thin, and thus all the others i ahve seen, are far too thick to fit

i hope someone finds a killer set of speakers to at least swap out the front ones

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Loren;

You must have had quite a system before.

I can't imagine anything better than the 06/07 stereo.

It sure beats the EC amp and 4 inch speakers on my 04, hands down.

If you find better, please don't keep it a secret.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts