GL1800Riders Forums banner
221 - 240 of 287 Posts

· GL1800 Doctor
22,147 Posts

· GL1800 Doctor
22,147 Posts
Hi, Techdude.
Thank you so much for troubleshooting.
I will check each one when I have chance.
The Baro, map and throttle position sensors.
Yes sir. The baro is mounted close to the right side air box snorkel. The other two are under the lower air box. A quick question, looking at your picture with the meter leads hooked up, I noticed a lot of pry marks on the lock of the ECM’s inner connector. Was this connector pried apart at some point? If so, look down in it from the wire side and see if there’s anything jammed in it that could be shorting the two pins together.

· GL1800 Doctor
22,147 Posts
Hi, Techdude
The inner connector never be apart. It’s me to make that ugly. Anyway I’ll double check it.
OK, if you unplug the three sensors and the short is still there, then it’s a short in the harness, a pinched wire, a short in one of the sensor connectors, or this ECM connector. Let me know what you find with the sensors unplugged.

· GL1800 Doctor
22,147 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time.
I really appreciate it and I’ll be going back to check it out soon. Hopefully the problem would be around the Baro sensor or the harness. Because the air filter box never be moved.
Ok, when you get back to it, please take a couple of pics of the gray ECM harness connector, pin side and wire side looking straight down on the wires and pins. You said the lower air box was never removed, but earlier you said you had cleaned under there. Did you remove the screws that hold the lower box to the throttle body or not? If no, then I don’t think the short is under there.

· GL1800 Doctor
22,147 Posts
Look at the range that the meter is in (2000k!). That is not 1 ohm. :(
Crap! You’re right. Dang it! ok, so this sensor circuit is not shorted. I’m out of ideas. We have power going to the ECM on both black/yellow wires, good grounds on all 5 ground wires, and no VCC for the tps, baro, and map sensors, but it’s not the ECM. Without having the bike in front of me, I’m not sure what else to look at.

221 - 240 of 287 Posts