GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
I hate to tell you, but that is a national commercial. I believe the first time I saw it was last superbowl. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
I enjoyed it. And yes, it does look like a national market commercial with the local dealer tag at the end.

On another subject, I heard HD is going to copy the concept and run ads linking their high tech machines to the technology used in machines that make sausage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uncle Dan said:
I enjoyed it. And yes, it does look like a national market commercial with the local dealer tag at the end.

On another subject, I heard HD is going to copy the concept and run ads linking their high tech machines to the technology used in machines that make sausage.
Yes I know. It's a national market commercial, with a local tag. But I figured everyone hadn't seen it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,789 Posts
That commercial has been out since late 2005... but it's still fun to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,112 Posts
Did you notice he mounted the bike from the "other" side? I'm suprised the MSF hasn't said something about that. I got hammered both in the Basic and Experienced riders course about mounting from the "correct" side.

Bartman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
Did you notice he mounted the bike from the "other" side? I'm suprised the MSF hasn't said something about that. I got hammered both in the Basic and Experienced riders course about mounting from the "correct" side.

Bartman
Correct side? I didn't know there was a correct side. That bike was on a center stand. If mine is on the side stand I always mount from the left side. But I do know some mount from the right side when on the side stand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,276 Posts
Did ya notice they used not only the prettiest, but the Fastest color Wing for the commercial ? Even HONDA knows what color rules !!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but our local PD recommends mounting and dismounting from the right side of the bike....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
I think I'll get one!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
n9frp said:
Did ya notice they used not only the prettiest, but the Fastest color Wing for the commercial ? Even HONDA knows what color rules !!! :D
Hmmm... there must be something wrong with my monitor... it doesn't look gold to me... :?

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
William Anzik said:
n9frp said:
Did ya notice they used not only the prettiest, but the Fastest color Wing for the commercial ? Even HONDA knows what color rules !!! :D
Hmmm... there must be something wrong with my monitor... it doesn't look gold to me... :?

:p
Studies have shown that a large percentage of Goldwing owners are COLOR BLIND!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
12,963 Posts
n9frp said:
Did ya notice they used not only the prettiest, but the Fastest color Wing for the commercial ? Even HONDA knows what color rules !!! :D
Yep, you're correct. They showed a '06 Dark Red, not a '05 Candy Blk Cherry! ROFL...

Thanks Verdayne :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,255 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
[quote="William Anzik":xf29sxvr]
n9frp said:
Did ya notice they used not only the prettiest, but the Fastest color Wing for the commercial ? Even HONDA knows what color rules !!! :D
Hmmm... there must be something wrong with my monitor... it doesn't look gold to me... :?

:p
Studies have shown that a large percentage of Goldwing owners are COLOR BLIND!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC[/quote:xf29sxvr]Hey! I resemble that remark! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
BC204 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but our local PD recommends mounting and dismounting from the right side of the bike....

Don't ever watch a motorcycle cop for the 'right' way to do stuff like that... they play by a totaly differnt rule book...

Put bike between them and oncoming traffic.
Don't dismount into trafic
Keep 'suspect ' in eyesight
etc.etc.etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Uncle Dan said:
I heard HD is going to copy the concept and run ads linking their high tech machines to the technology used in machines that make sausage.
...they upgraded their technology?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Yes I know. It's a national market commercial, with a local tag. But I figured everyone hadn't seen it.
You figured right. I hadn't seen it, and I liked it.

Thanks, Herb
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top