GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'06 comf/nav/abs with just <1k miles. (It's a demo model I currently have on loan.) I think the CF card for the nav system is toast. I started the bike tonight with no problem but noticed that the opening ceremonies didn't appear to be working correctly. I went ahead and rode home (about 20 miles). All the way home, the display kept going through the "boot sequence" - the radio was playing but the display kept going through the opening ceremonies. I got home and let the bike sit for an hour or so then tried it again and go the same problem. So I pulled the CF card out and the display now works fine - except of course I get the "card cannot be accessed" message. I've tried reinserting the card, etc. but nothing works. But at least I now have the radio and odometer display. I hope this isn't a common problem with the nav system.

Any clues as to what may be wrong? When I turn the bike back in I'll try swapping a CF out of another GL just to test but I'd like to at least get familiar with the nav system before then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulldog said:
Is the "Card" perhaps not seated fully?

Bulldog
I believe so. I couldn't get it in any further and it would only eject using the eject button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts