GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to talk about my experience so far...9k I bought the bike brand new, 06 level 4, and it is doing very well. Bike came with 250's and I got a little over 8k with them, I did hit some heavy rain for over a hundred miles going through the swan valley in Montana and the tires were great, and I did slow down as common sense dictates. I have sometimes went triple digits, (by accident of course) maybe another 1k or less before the wear bars would have been showing...no problem, a little noisy compared to the stones I have now. I have a hard time hearing the stones comparatively to the 250's. Not one single problem has been encountered with this bike, not one. No wobble with the 250's or the stones. Having owned many bikes over the years...the gl 1800 is wonderful. The more I ride it the better I like it. If you are ever in Great Falls, Montana...go to Sports City Cyclery, see Dan and Scott, very good people, always helpful and they go the extra mile for their customers.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
I have a 2001, and have the same problems. Get ready for more of the same in the years to come.

John

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have a 06 Level III with no problems, no wobble, only exception is the Pass. seat heat control. Bought in June 06 now have 7K on it. :D

Let me take this time to thank the owner of this board. Good Job :!:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an 06 premium audio. No problems. 7500 miles now. I even like the lop 250 tires as far as quiet and handling. I do have a set of venoms ready to go on however. Super nice machine. It makes my 99 valk Interstate seem kinda primitive. No wobbles either. Good job Honda.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Same here 2006 5500 miles no wobble with the exception of clutch fluid leak no problems Also like my dealer BlueRidge Powersports in Harrisonburg VA

2006 titanium

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
My rear seat heater stuck. I am know turning every now then. With almost 20k all i have to do is 1 set of tires gas, oil and filters.

PS AND DRAIN PLUG WASHERS. :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
373 Posts
15k miles on my 06 bought in December 05 and the only problem Ive had is the Saddlebag on the left side wont open! Havent taken it in yet to get it fixed! 8k on the D-250's, 7k on the E-3 so far and the tread still loks good. I should of bought one years ago!

·
Registered
143 Posts

Love my 06 level three. I've got 9500 miles since march delivery with no, I repeat, no problems. Great bike to ride every day or on long trips.
By the way I thought the Swan valley was along the Wyoming Idaho border. Tom

·
Registered
812 Posts
'06 Wing

Nav model bought in March. 21K miles so far and no major issues. Left saddlebag lid is a pain, until you unscrew the latch cover and see how easy it is to adjust the mechanism. It is a no-brainer. OEM tires went 9K, replacement E3's are at 12K and seem to have plenty of rubber left. OEM tires wobbled near the end, E3's no problem up to this point. Installed Kisan modulator. Impossible at first, removed top shelter to change air filter and it was a piece of cake. Using Wal*Mart oil & filters. My main (only??) complaint is that the radio doesn't have a scan function. Or if it does it is well hidden. iPod works great in the left pocket. There is an extra red plug in there that I hear is a 12v accessory plug. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Re: '06 Wing

Analysttom said:
There is an extra red plug in there that I hear is a 12v accessory plug. Can anyone confirm?
Yes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: '06 Wing

Analysttom said:
Left saddlebag lid is a pain, until you unscrew the latch cover and see how easy it is to adjust the mechanism. It is a no-brainer. quote]

Maybe a NB to you but it looks fairly complicated in there to me. I just replaced the green "snap" that holds the rod in place as it broke last week. And the left saddlebag is still difficult to open....have to put pressure on the lid while I'm pulling the release. For a guy who can't chew gum and walk at the same time, this is a little challenging. What did you do to adjust it?

G

·
analysttom wrote:

My main (only??) complaint is that the radio doesn't have a scan function. Or if it does it is well hidden.
Last time I checked it was hidden on the left handlebar tuning lever. Push and hold for about a second then release, if you can hear, it will beep when it goes. It will scan till it finds a station strong enough to stop it. But you have to start it again everytime it stops unless you like what it found. But better still, you can turn on the ASel (Auto select) and then scan which will find 12 FM Stations and 6 AM stations if there are that many for the area you are in. They will be stored in the presets but will not erase your stored presets. Just turn off the Auto Select and your old presets work. Yep they hid it right under the radio section of your owners manual.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Is that really a scan feature?

How inscrutable of those Ohioans to put the scan button in clear sight, and have it function like "seek" does in other bike and car radios. On my '06 that particular button just "seeks" the next strong station on the band and then stays there. I liked the "scan" function on my 1200 that went from strong signal to strong signal until you stopped it at what you liked. No big deal, just curious as to why they didn't include that common feature. I have read the instructions on finding strong stations in a local area, but failed to memorize them. When I am riding I can't refer to the manual, when I'm stopped I no longer care about the radio. I guess its either fish or cut bait. Thanks for the suggestions though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my 06 w/Navi in February. After 15 years on a Kawasaki Voyager VII, I love the wing. 2 major complaints. One is the seat. I am getting ready to send my to WingSoft to get the large version done. I feel very cramp on the bike and my tail bone hurts after a long day. The other complaint is the GPS will only do one route at a time. I am use to my old GPS that would allow me to keep a ton of routes preprogrammed. I was able to program my whole week of rides at home. Then being on the road, just pull up the specific route I want to ride.

With all the +'s of the bike, I can take care of the seat problem and live the the GPS problem. Highly recomend this bike. Its so fun to ride.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I have a '06 Prem Audio...is that level 3?...I don't get the level's on the '06 Model's?????

·
Registered
589 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
I have a '06 Prem Audio...is that level 3?...I don't get the level's on the '06 Model's?????
You have a Level 1

They are as follows

Level 1 Prem Audio
Level 2 Prem Audio+Comfort package
Level 3 Prem Audio+Comfort package+NAV
Level 4 all the above+ABS.

Enjoy :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
What # GoldWing is mine ?

Howdy there folks,, just watching the explanations of the Level # of the 06,, I'm down under in Australia and the only Level we have / no choices,,is the "Comfort" package with ABS, No NAV, No Premium Audio, So if we lose 1 for No Premium Audio, Gain 1 for ABS, lose 1 for No NAV,, I guess that makes ours down here about a Level # 1.5 ? or is that .5 or even # 0 because we only get a choice of 2 colours,, either Silver (Not Titanium) or Dark Red..
I cannot decide what Level it is,,, Honda Australia hasn't given us that option

Thanks alot and ride safe

·
Registered
1 Posts

left saddle bag lever kept on breaking the dealer fixed it beyond that much better then my harley

cant complain

26k well spent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts