GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay took the top shelter off.
But, the two black plastic u shaped pieces on either side off the ignition i can't get off.
On my 1500, you simply push in and they popped out, but this one.
Theres a different kind of fastners, i haven't seen before and can't release them. there's two of them on the bottom of each piece???

James

·
Registered
240 Posts
postaljumper47 said:
Okay took the top shelter off.
But, the two black plastic u shaped pieces on either side off the ignition i can't get off.
On my 1500, you simply push in and they popped out, but this one.
Theres a different kind of fastners, i haven't seen before and can't release them. there's two of them on the bottom of each piece???

James
There is a flat headed trim screw at the bottom - access fron the fork tube area - half turn should do it :oops:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had the same problem with my 06. I had to make a special pair of plyers to get them off. You need to pop the middle piece out and then you have to pull the fasteners out. Due to the nasty place they sit, I took a pair of needle nose plyers and bent the ends in. Made a perfect custom tool for the GW tool box. I had to heat the plyers to make it work. Make sure you take a picture of everything under the shelter when you first get it off. I didn't and I had to go back to the dealer to see how to get those pieces back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts