GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 and so does my main riding partner - Most of the time during a sunny day I dont see his rear turn signals - are there any good options yet for replacement rear turn signals ????
thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I agree with you. I purchased a set of Whelen TIR3 LED lightheads (they are made for emergency vehicles) and installed them on either side of my license plate and wired them into the turn signals. They are extremely bright. When my friends are behind me I am almost blinding them.
As I said they are a warning light with different flash patterns and made for emergency vehicles (course in my job I install them all the time) but they have a steady burn pattern that you can set and then wire them in so they blink with the turn signals. If you get a set, make sure you specify whether you need the vertical or horizonal lighthead, as it does make a difference in the way the light pattern spreads.

If you need help in locating some let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turn Signals

Leave the tail lights alone and install Muth Mirrors. The LEDS in the mirrors are bright very and noticeable in the daylight.

·
Registered
20,941 Posts
i agree the rear turnsignals should show up better on sunny days but i havn't seen a fix that i am satisfied with

talk to Lewis at electrical connection, he has a fix that makes the trunk brakelite blink along with the turnsignal, which sounds pretty good but it requires cutting wires to install

www.electricalconnection.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts