GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m wanting to get a more comfortable seat and backrest for myself and my wife. Any suggestions on a seat for my 06’ gold wing ?

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Good lower cost option is getting a modification from Wingsoft with a Utopia backrest. I had one for years. The cover started cracking and I replaced it with an Ultimate Seat. I like that too. Much more money though. Depends on what you're willing to spend.

·
Vendor
17,538 Posts
There are several custom seat companies. What you find comfortable is a personal choice. Some maybe far more popular than others which may mean nothing to your comfort level. Below are the companies I can think of. If you live near one, some will let you try out a seat for a few days before you buy. If WingDing was happening, usually a couple of them will show up to that event and allow you to do the same.
  • Mustang
  • Corbin
  • Ultimate
  • Hartco
  • Saddleman
  • Day-Long

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hi. I’m wanting to get a more comfortable seat and backrest for myself and my wife. Any suggestions on a seat for my 06’ gold wing ?
Good lower cost option is getting a modification from Wingsoft with a Utopia backrest. I had one for years. The cover started cracking and I replaced it with an Ultimate Seat. I like that too. Much more money though. Depends on what you're willing to spend.
If you do decide to go Wingsoft, I have a heated passenger backrest and Utopia backrest for a 2006, both modified for Wingsoft.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have a Russell Day Long on my '06 with heat. Not inexpensive but definitely "Day Long". One caveat it is wide so you might have to slide forward to the narrow portion to Flat Foot at a stop.

·
Registered
358 Posts
There are several custom seat companies. What you find comfortable is a personal choice. Some maybe far more popular than others which may mean nothing to your comfort level. Below are the companies I can think of. If you live near one, some will let you try out a seat for a few days before you buy. If WingDing was happening, usually a couple of them will show up to that event and allow you to do the same.
  • Mustang
  • Corbin
  • Ultimate
  • Hartco
  • Saddleman
  • Day-Long
This is good advice.
You can waste a lot of money if the seller doesn’t have a satisfaction guarantee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts