GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a 06 wing and would like to know if there are any problems I should know about. I had a 02 and every one knows the problems with the 01s thru 03s. I didn't keep up with Honda after that but I'm going to jump back into the honda. Any infomation would help me to finalize this deal. :oops:

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
thekid said:
no recalls,
some are still experiencing left saddlebag issues
The only issue I've had was with the left saddle bag. A quick adjustment (thanks to members of this board on how to make that adjustment) and no more problem.

No runs, no drips, no errors! Great bike!

Bartman

·
Registered
260 Posts
No real problems yet. Adjusted cruise control cable and has an idle flare that I will work on this winter.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Left saddlebag issue here....what a PITA. I'll take it in one day...if I don't fix it myself first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Passenger Heat Control Knob stopped working.
It was, from Day to another like it was glued.
Dealer changed it on Warranty.
11.000 KM - No Props. GREAT Bike !!! :D

Laureon

·
Registered
911 Posts
problems

just discovered the same problem as Laureon...rear passenger seat heater knob won't turn...going to Honda dealer end of the week to get warranty repair/replacement...other than that, no problems...ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY 06 !!!!!...ride safe....

Scott

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Hawkeye said:
I'm going to buy a 06 wing and would like to know if there are any problems I should know about. . :oops:
My biggest problem is keeping the gas tank full. Were does that stuff go?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 06 that will be a month old this thursday and tomorrow it will go to the shop. 3 times the rear brake has "grabbed" the rotor and refused to let go, not locked but like you are standing on the rear brake. Cruise contol stopped working saturday after the 3rd incident of the rear brake clamp (do not know if it is related but it happening just after the brake problem is curious to say the least)

Left saddlebag worked great the first few times I opened it, now..won't open unless you pull it open (another warranty issue)

I love the ride and feel of this wing, few minor problems with a new bike do not really concern me..

...but...
brakes are not something to mess around with and honda will get this one back to check them out

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the barn

I put the goldwing in the barn today. Thanks for all the info. :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Rear seat heater control froze, replaced under warranty. This is the only common problem I know of.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Left saddlebag not opening. Fixed it myself.
Also passenger heater control knob frozed.
Read on this board to spray WD-40 on it.
Sprayed it with WD-40.wiped off excess,
let it soak working the knob back and forth
over a period of a day or two and it finally
freed up.
No other problems. Great bike :!:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Passenger seat heat control knob froze up on mine also.
Oiled it and worked it loose but it still doesn't feel right.
Looks like I need to visit my dealer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My air conditioning seemed to be cooling less this summer. I need to take it to the dealer and have them check the freon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts