GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know Honda has done "something" to disable the Navigation panel when the bike is moving, but has anyone figured out how to re-enable the panel while the bike is moving without voiding the warranty ?

I would love to know how to do it.

Thanks, :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
I remember there was a long discussion about that but I haven't seen a solution to the problem.

Reiner

G

·
0 Posts
I hate when I forget to engage the GPS before I start moving. Then you're rolling along contemplating if and when to pull over to enable it...argh!

·
Registered
17,034 Posts
Its a software driven application that exists on some Garmin models. It is possible that the files necessary to de-activate that saftey feature reside on the Honda version and that they just changed file ID so that you can not acces it. How good a hacker are you? You can buy the full feature Garmin unit for about 700 clams and then also use it for your XM and MP-3, sure gets rid of a lot of clutter on the dash. Damn shame Honda didna specify a full feature unit.

prs

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also have a 2006 with Navi and it really pisses me off that I have to stop to engage it. I can understand their liability issue with programming it while rididng but a rider should be able to trun it on without having to pull off the road which is a bigger safety concern than just hitting the enter button. If they didn't think we could handle that why did they put all the other switches (readio,cb,intercom,etc) on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts