GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that on the 07 wing base model it should come with a ipod / mps connection.

I cannot find it..... I took the cubbie apart and removed on left side... I see there is a hole for the cable to pass through but no cable.... looked around inside with no luck???

Anyone know where it is??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Usually it is in the owners manual and the dealer installs it or should, if you can not find it contact your dealer it is part of the bike and he should supply it, so do not them tell you otherwise, if you did not buy it new then you can pruchase one from several places or I could just send you mine I never us it anymore anyway...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I bought the bike used...... where would it attatch to??? If you could spare yours that would be awesome??
I believe when you remove the left pocket and look up underneath the vent, you will see a small red 2 pin plastic connector. That will match the connector on the harness you are looking for. feed the cable through the hole in bottom of pocket, plug into red connector and you're ready to go!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe when you remove the left pocket and look up underneath the vent, you will see a small red 2 pin plastic connector. That will match the connector on the harness you are looking for. feed the cable through the hole in bottom of pocket, plug into red connector and you're ready to go!
My 08 has red Connector for 12V power. The audio input is a 3 pin WHITE female connector.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My 08 has red Connector for 12V power. The audio input is a 3 pin WHITE female connector.
hmmm been a while since I had the pocket out.... your description sounds right....

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Under left pocket in black boot. White plug. Since you are just starting out, I would solder the wires where they go. Having done that three years ago, I have not had a single problem with the AUX cable which is prone to gettin' corroded and doing odd stuff.

·
Vendor
17,792 Posts
Waldo's pix is inside a large black rubber boot that sits under the shelter in front of the LF pocket. Remove to pocket for access. You will find your connection hidden in there.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
here is another look, black wire connect to IPOD, red wire is accessory plug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts