GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the show. No changes, except the level 2 is gone.

The colors are:

Dark Orange Metallic
Dark Blue Metallic
Metallic Black
Dark Red
The 05 Silver is back.

That's the facts!!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
It sounds like I could trade my 05 Silver in and nobody would be the wiser.

Have to think on that.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that if I want ABS brakes I still have to buy the whole package?

I would consider a trade up if I could get ABS without having to buy the whole package. (That and my wife would let me :wink: )

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
5Ross said:
Am I correct in thinking that if I want ABS brakes I still have to buy the whole package?

I would consider a trade up if I could get ABS without having to buy the whole package. (That and my wife would let me :wink: )
Almost all. The airbag is the only thing more to go.

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Don't tell Hedo there's a Metallic black, or he'll want to become Metallic 'stealth'. Or maybe he'll go the other way and be 'metallic anti-chrome'? He'll devise some comment, for sure.

G

·
H-man said:
Don't tell Hedo there's a Metallic black, or he'll want to become Metallic 'stealth'. Or maybe he'll go the other way and be 'metallic anti-chrome'? He'll devise some comment, for sure.
I claim the metallic black as my color. Tell Hedo to pick something else.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Still no translucent :(

That would be cool with colored L.E.D.s inside. :D

Herb

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm interested to see the size of the metal 'flakes' in the black color. Some metallic black autos are barely noticeable as "metallic", due to the smaller size 'flakes'. I sometimes wonder why they even do metal flake in black, if you need to get very close, to be certain it really is metallic?
Of course, TOO large size metal flakes aren't attractive either. There needs to be a satisfactory compromise of a moderate size, to be obviously metallic paint. Just my opinion.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
H-man said:
I'm speechless........... :wink:

Can't wait to see it in person.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts