GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2007 Gold Wings were added to the Honda website last night. Gives you a look at all the color choices.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I hate to say it.....but ah'm afraid it's time ta take a look at the "Dark Side". From everything ah kin see, there's ZERO effort to address build quality an' give folks what they have repeatedly said (here an' elsewhar) they want. Add to that a frame that continues ta make me nervous, an' it jest don't leave much option IMO. When ah kin buy a m/c that retains higher resale value an' has as extensive a dealer network as HD does, it doesn't make sense ta ignore 'em.

Ah reckon ah'm gonna rent me one fer a week or so, an' see if it does what ah'm lookin' for. Won't happen until later in the fall, but we'll jest hafta see.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thoroughly underwhelming. :(

Since they just freshened the model up last year I didn't expect much, (and we certainly got that) but as far as I can tell, the only changes at all are price, some different colors, and it's designtated as a new model year.

This makes me really glad I bought the extended warranty, since it looks like my '03 will be state-of-the-art for another few years.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I too am disappointed with the new line up. I was hoping for something new and different.. The colors don't do anything for me either. Oh well, there are probably a few happy people out there.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
ALL bikes have a few quirks-Honda, Harley,BMW. We have the saddlebag hanging,the manual adjustable windshield and the 70% chance of 40mph wobble with your hands off. I for one think the color selection is cool. When a new model is released with major changes I will wait at least 2 years to get the bugs out before I buy.

Besides if I want an 06-I just change the dash and tail light lens-LOL

·
Registered
358 Posts
Geez, that was a close one. I was afraid the 2007 was going up the ante and leave me feeling like I was missing something I just had to have.

What a relief, absolutely nothing to be concerned about. Makes me love my '04 even more now.... :D

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It appears the rumor earlier this year was true...no more comfort package :cry: At the time people commented that the audio/comfort package just sold out for 2006 and that Honda would surely bring the biggest seller back? Is this the case? So in order to get the comfort package I must at the very least jump up to the navi that I don't want? I hope someone tells me I got it wrong, Dan.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Great, now I don't have to spend 22k on a new model
because there is no new model ... the 07 is the same as my 01..

G

·
No changes.

And you were surprised.

A year from now remember this, "No substantial change until 2010. Maybe even 2011"

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
kurt said:
Hoosier Daddy said:
It appears the rumor earlier this year was true...no more comfort package :cry: At the time people commented that the audio/comfort package just sold out for 2006 and that Honda would surely bring the biggest seller back? Is this the case? So in order to get the comfort package I must at the very least jump up to the navi that I don't want? I hope someone tells me I got it wrong, Dan.
Unless I am reading this wrong

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle ... NA7&bhcp=1

there still is a comfort package
Nope no more level 2 comfort package. In order to get the comfort package you now have to get the Navi as well. Last year you didn't have to do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Valkyrie

Think I'll just look for a Valkyrie Interstate. Spend less than half the money and have a nice looking beast to ride!!!!
Eddie Flinchum

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
My '05 is still lookin mighty good. I do like the blue and would get an airbag. Why not a safety option package with just the air bag and ABS, that's for me.

I think I'll wait a few years until a bigger power plant appears. Too much horsepower is never enough.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
YAWN-ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Price went up yet again! Dang it.

For everything else: YAWN.

David M.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I am so glad I bought my 2005 with just ABS. Living out here in the California desert means I wouldn't need their bun warmer comfort package. The Honda GPS would be a step down in capabilities from even my old Garmin SPIII. That souped up audio system seems like it would be nice to have because I max out the volume when I wear ear plugs (everywhere but local rides). Then again, would the 150mw helmet speakers tolerate the higher levels (both J&M and EdSets have the same spec)? Maybe the amplifier only drives the external speakers. If so, it wouldn't help my issue anyway. Their burnt orange color is fairly appealing but I would probably go with the metalic silver...
JUST LIKE I ALREADY HAVE!
:beer3:

I have added all the farkles that I want or need, so starting over from scratch is not appealing at all. I did the modifications right the first time and would not change anything of importance if I had to do it again.

I feel like the cartoon character SNOOPY the dog when he is doing his happy dance!

:clap2:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think that the price of the new Wing's have gotten way out of line. Who needs all of the B.S. that comes with the new models. $23,000, damn! I bought my 03 for $15,500 out the door new. Looks like I will never buy a new one again. I can get a hell of a nice cage for $23,000.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts