GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock:
Checked a volume dealer's website there is a difference of $2400 between a 06 gl18p vs the 07 model? Anyone know why such a hog of difference in price?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Remember, selling GWs is Honda's business. They think like a business. Consumer's think like consumers........"we want lower prices." Businesses say, "how high can we raise prices to maximize profits." If Iwere a dealer, I would want the highest price while at the same time selling enough units to maximize profits.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You talking MSRP or Dealer Price? If DP there may be some discount for. thelast year's model".Then the exchange rate problem that comes from having the world finance billions in debt year after year.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
They have to recoup there losses from all the recalls.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
The '07 price will stay up until the 06's are gone. The car business works the same way. Honda didn't increase the MSRP that much.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
It's called the bend over factor.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Shop around -- don't get in a hurry -- prices will moderate -- prices are always higher right when the new models come out..

cosmic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
06 Gl18p $15,984
vs
07 Gl18p $18,394

That requires a lot of price moderation :roll: especially when the only differences are colors.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
jamc1316 said:
06 Gl18p $15,984
vs
07 Gl18p $18,394

That requires a lot of price moderation :roll: especially when the only differences are colors.
Honda raised the price $300 for 2007. If you want a 2007 be prepared to bend over or wait. It's your choice. If they have last years models still available, you're not getting a deal on the current year. That's the way the game has always been played with cars and motorcycles.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Honda prices

Don’ t you love it when you walk into a Honda dealership to look at the new 2007's, and the salesman puts his arms around your hips and pats your wallet.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Well lets see. The guys who builds the bike more than likely got a 4% raise at least this year. That includes the most of the employees at American Honda Inc. Then you have the companies that supply all the parts for the bike, ther employees got raises, health ins costs are up from last year, gas prices are up which means the shipping costs have gone way up. You gotta put all this stuff in the equation when you are trying to figure out why the new model year goes up. Think about the company you work for? Does your company charge its customers the same price for the same product as last year? Everything goes up in price every year, thats one reason why you get a cost of living increase. Thats my .02 cents.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Toyo said:
Well lets see. The guys who builds the bike more than likely got a 4% raise at least this year. That includes the most of the employees at American Honda Inc. Then you have the companies that supply all the parts for the bike, ther employees got raises, health ins costs are up from last year, gas prices are up which means the shipping costs have gone way up. You gotta put all this stuff in the equation when you are trying to figure out why the new model year goes up. Think about the company you work for? Does your company charge its customers the same price for the same product as last year? Everything goes up in price every year, thats one reason why you get a cost of living increase. Thats my .02 cents.
No way! It's just "mother" Honda :evil: :evil: :evil: trying to bend us all over!!! "Mother" Honda I say!! "Mother" Honda!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Toyo said:
to answer the question "does your company charge the same price as last year " YES... I do... no price increase for 3 years now.. just because
Joe Blow goes up does not mean the whole nation has to.. but I guess by your thinking.. ITS THE AMERICAN WAY !

cosmic

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Cosmic Cosmic, You are missing my point. Its called cost of living. The "majority" of companies raise there prices almost every year. Look at the tires, brakes, Amsoil, etc for the bike. All those parts have gone up. Anything that is metal or petroleum related to it has gone up.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
But Toyo,

Amsoil changed the packaging to Gallon containers for your convenience, so you are getting something for the price increase...>LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
826 Posts
What Red said.

Honda didn't raise the price $2400. Just like new car models, last years are discounted more until they are all gone and the new wears off the current model. Go try making a deal on an 07 GT Mustang.

07 Premium Audio Red $19,599

06 Premium Audio Red $19,299

Looks like the Dealer is giving some good discounts to me, all things considered.

·
Registered
71 Posts
now that's what i'm talkin' about . . .

Terpen said:
What Red said.

. . . 07 GT Mustang . . .
oh, yeah . . .

8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts