GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our '07 had a wobble from the 'get go'. After reading a lot of posts regarding tires, bearing, etc., I took my bike to the dealer. They checked out the torque specs on the bearings and the wobble was still present between 35-45 mph. They then took a new wheel/tire and presto...it was gone! The tire that came with the bike is a Dunlop D250F.

I have to say that I have nothing but favorable comments regarding the crew at our Honda Dealer. Good service and easy to deal with... Oh...forgot to mention that the Dealer is Cochise Motorsports in Sierra Vista, AZ....

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is such a strange thing. I've been told my 06 is a rare bird, in that it has never wobbled -- not even a little bit -- from new to now. Been through the stock Dunny, now on a 709, nothing. At most all I get is bar vibration, exacerbated somewhat I think from the MBL risers, but no wobble. In fact, mine has none of the common foibles I've heard about here. Must have been built on Humpday by a guy or gal that just got a raise is all I can figure... :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My '07 also wobbled right out the door. When I took it back to Volunteer Honda in Crossville, TN he spun the front tire and right away saw that the tread moved back and forth. He replaced the original Dunlop with another and wobble is totally gone. Maybe Dunlop sent Honda a bad batch???

Steve
'07 Audio/Comfort/Nav - Blue

·
Registered
254 Posts
Reading all the posts on wobble I wonder if the tire is not the problem in the first place and this thread seems to bear that out. I have had wobbles on the old Pacific Coast and on the Yamaha 650 Vision and both were due to tire wear and cupping. I had bought the Vision used and the rubber only had a couple of thousand miles on it but also dry rot from not being ridden for a long time. It was actually chunking. Replaced both front and rear and the wobble went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts