GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of My mirrors shake on bumpy road conditions.

THE THREE MOUNTING BOLTS ARE TIGHT.

The swivel joint is somewhat loose as I move it by hand. I have the mirror off, but do not see a way to tighten the joint.

If you have had this problem, what did you do to fix it? I thought about spraying the mechanism with WD40 or Silicone spray.

What say?

Best regards.
Cliff

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Both of My mirrors shake on bumpy road conditions.

THE THREE MOUNTING BOLTS ARE TIGHT.

The swivel joint is somewhat loose as I move it by hand. I have the mirror off, but do not see a way to tighten the joint.

If you have had this problem, what did you do to fix it? I thought about spraying the mechanism with WD40 or Silicone spray.

What say?

Best regards.
Cliff
Cliff if thats the case-are you still in warranty ex/warranty? I'd let the dealer order two new complete mirrors as the swivel isn't sold separately.

Never heard of loose swivels.There is no adjustment to it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did you check the screw that's accessible through the hole underneath the mirror/turn signal assembly to ensure its tight?

ktmhk53

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did you check the screw that's accessible through the hole underneath the mirror/turn signal assembly to ensure its tight?

ktmhk53
I agree.
When my '08 was new, the only way I could adjust the mirrors was to loosen the screw underneath.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can tighten the screw underneath the mirror. My mirror was doing the same, i have baker wings was able to tighten them up. Thats all the dealer will do unless there a defect with them.:agree:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts