GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am in Waynesboro NC this week on vacation, met manufacturer Goldwing trikes who just came back from Honda factory wherein he spent 14 days in the manufacturing faculity doing hands on work.

Latest is....08 will have 6 speed in the 1800, and an automatic transmission option. The CC's will remain the same, but they have developed a larger CC's motor producing 164 HP!

It will require a much larger frame to handle it, but it is not being worked on for near release.

They are saying that the stock 1800 will run 167mph!

All future 1800's will come fully assembled from the factory only needing the battery installation....for dealer prep, and the cosmoline washed off.

So, we shall see what the future brings. They do have a suggestion box at the factory for those people submitting ideas for future accessories and development. So, maybe mother Honda is listening...hope so...

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
If you believe this I've got a bridge to sell you. :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
How much for the bridge??And is there any cracks?? LOL :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
The new year speculation usually doesn't start until Spring. Is this some kind of record? Honda can't do all this until my '05 is paid off anyway. So there.

Scott

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
Would seem wierd to me that they let an idependent motorcycle shop, that just makes trikes work in their production facility, when that chance is never offered to a dealer, or the acutal trike manufacturer...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wonder why Honda Motorcycle has NO place to submit suggestions?
I guess they only want to hear from a few that tour the plant.

G

·
Because of the Honda consent decree regarding 3 wheel ATC's I do not, would not and can not believe that Honda would let a trike manufacturer see anything and would not let them in the factory unless the factory was on fire and they needed more people to carry water hose.

The BS meter went off of the scale on this one.

It would have been more believable if you had said "a small parts subcontractor" Use that next time.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey Hal,

I'm mailing you my deposit check on the first 6 speed 08 that comes in. I would prefer the new 2 tone model. However, I might consider Orange trimed in black model.

Just let me know when I can pick it up.

G

·
Alabama IronButt said:
Hey Hal,

I'm mailing you my deposit check on the first 6 speed 08 that comes in. I would prefer the new 2 tone model. However, I might consider Orange trimed in black model.

Rumor has it that it will be less than $10,000 so don't send me too much money.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
[quote="Alabama IronButt":qidcix2m]Hey Hal,

Rumor has it that it will be less than $10,000 so don't send me too much money.[/quote:qidcix2m]

Hal, I will just send you $10,000.00 and you can keep the change..LOLOL That way I will get the first or second one.. Any color will do as long as it is orange.....

Now Remember... CHECKS IN THE MAIL :wink: :wink:

Fortgot to ask: Does this price include sales tax and prep fees :?: :?:

·
Registered
868 Posts
5ross,

Don't start trying to cut in on my deal :) --- I get the first one :)

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
And I heard from a good friend next door neighbor... Honda will reduce the price of the 08 Wing to just under $10,000 - along with 0% financing for 60 months with no money down.....and if you buy before Dec. 31, 2007 Honda will give you a 4 year extended warrany absolutely free.. according to inside info Honda is trying to increase their production of their flagship...

cosmic

·
Registered
408 Posts
You didn't even mention the removeable trunk for third row seating. The third row will be facing backward for convenient loading of passengers.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Alabama IronButt said:
Hey Hal,

I was not really trying to cut in on your deal. I told Hal I would take first or second one :lol: :lol:

I am still waiting to find out if Sales tax and prep are included.... :wink: :wink:

If we get the first two we will be the envy of the board.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Penmaker said:
You didn't even mention the removeable trunk for third row seating. The third row will be facing backward for convenient loading of passengers.
Hey, you are on to something there. I never even thought of that one.
There have been many times that the Wing had to stay home because
of a third person traveling with. Forget the side car.

·
Registered
906 Posts
hey does it wobble like all the rest????if not I mite take one if some can find tires for it!!!! :yes:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Time to get out the chest high waders. It did make me laugh!!!! Hal, I am also sending you a check for $10,000. I am willing to be third in line for the new 2008, GL2200, 6 speed, with 167HP. It doesn't matter what color as long as it is bright. LOL's

1 - 20 of 29 Posts