GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still can't find the 13 pin plug for the CB.
Have taken the top shelter off and searched the whole right side. Anyone have any experience with the 09 airbag model. I know it should be there but I have been unable to locate it. I did my 07 airbag model and the plug was in the right spot. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bartman.
I unbolted the reservoir and looked there but will take another look later.
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Look for it to be hidden inside a rubber boot. I think moved it further down on the bike to make sure there was ABSOLUTELY no possible way for the wiring harness to interfere with the airbag deployment.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Look down below the radiator on the right side see the picture attached, top shelter does not need to be removed you should see it if you remove the air vent

Attachments

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Look down below the radiator on the right side see the picture attached, top shelter does not need to be removed you should see it if you remove the air vent
Pete, I hope you're right. The two I have done, the connector was further down and behind the rear brake reservoir.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete, I looked all around the right radiator and had no luck finding it, Bartman I had the reservoir off but will take a closer look tomorrow. This is about to drive me crazy. I know it has to be there somewhere. I might have to start at the source of the wiring ant try to trace it back to the plug if that is possible. Thanks for the help
James

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Pete, I looked all around the right radiator and had no luck finding it, Bartman I had the reservoir off but will take a closer look tomorrow. This is about to drive me crazy. I know it has to be there somewhere. I might have to start at the source of the wiring ant try to trace it back to the plug if that is possible. Thanks for the help
James
Its right down low between the radiator and the frame

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
James
James, when you find it, take a picture of it's location and post it up. It might prove useful for others in the future. As a matter of fact, take several from different angles and distances.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had to go to my mechanic friend at the Honda shop but we finally found the plug. It was behind the radiator hose tucked up under the fan shroud. Took both of us to find it. I had to hold a bundle of wires out of the way as he took some long nose pliers and worked it out. I took a picture of it but it was so far up and behind stuff that it doesn't show to much.
Thanks for all the replies.
James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts