GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new CB & antenna on my new 09, works great except when going under or getting around power lines. The CB will break squelch, and cannot be adjusted out, even at the max setting of 20. When you move away from the power lines it goes back to normal. It don't happen at early power line crossing or at all times when running parallel to them but it does occur quite often. I had an 04 and never had this problem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's probably a bad insulator on the power line. When they break down and start to leak they create an arc which is picked up by your CB. As with everything in the economy these days the power companies are cutting back on maintenance, thus more experiences with this problem. You can call them and let them know where it is happening and they will get to it eventually to replace. Why? Because it is a loss to them that they can't charge anyone for so to replace the insulator saves them money.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have the same problem with my 08. Never had the problem on my 02.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
My OH-TWO does it in several local locations; I always wondered why something was jumbing all frequencies. Good to learn what it may be.

prs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts