GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Received my licence plate in the mail today. It's the standard Arizona MC plate. When I put it on I noticed the bracket it attaches to sticks out about 1/4 inch on each side. Not a real big deal but what have people done to cover this up?
Arizona just started cracking down on the decorative plate frames that cover the word Arizona. Seems the cops don't know what state the bike is registered in. They are giving out big money tickets. I have only read in the newspaers about cars getting pulled over because of the frame "Bobs Auto Sales" is partly covering Arizona.
Is there a frame that is skinny on the top, as not to cover AZ? It can have anything on the bottom.

Thanks in advance
Spike

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hi,
Received my licence plate in the mail today. It's the standard Arizona MC plate. When I put it on I noticed the bracket it attaches to sticks out about 1/4 inch on each side. Not a real big deal but what have people done to cover this up?
Arizona just started cracking down on the decorative plate frames that cover the word Arizona. Seems the cops don't know what state the bike is registered in. They are giving out big money tickets. I have only read in the newspaers about cars getting pulled over because of the frame "Bobs Auto Sales" is partly covering Arizona.
Is there a frame that is skinny on the top, as not to cover AZ? It can have anything on the bottom.

Thanks in advance
Spike

Here's what I use.............the frame still partially shows but it's not a big deal IMHO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well same here in Texas. OK how long have they been making motorcycle license plates and how long have they been making goldwings? Did anyone go out into the parking lot and look for a motorcycle and measure the plate size? Duh....

·
Registered
775 Posts
here is what I did, killed 2 birds with one stone

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
...the frame still partially shows but it's not a big deal IMHO.
On the MC plate, Arizona is not spelled out. My customized plate frame just partially obscures the tip of the "A" and the top horizontal bar on the "Z".
Asked a cop friend, he said "ticket".
A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible and so that the name of this state at the top of the license plate is not obscured.

Brian's plate is legal in AZ. If it's an Arizona plate, it's illegal in it's current condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts