GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is the general board, but figured I could get a quicker response here.
My problem is that I cant get the "traffic" portion of the system to work.
Yesterday I found the weather portion wasn't working and called XM, (traffic was okay at that time). They did a reset and the weather side now works but knocked out the traffic. I called XM again a while ago and they told me they would do a hard re-set, but after 30 minutes I still have no traffic capabilities.
I'm leaving on a trip Tues am and would like to have all systems "go".
Any suggestions or advice? I've checked the book and can't find any thing I've not already tried.
TIA

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
This came up the other day. I think the end result was that the traffic portion of the service is not availably in all areas. Hope that helps.
Kurt:thumbup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This came up the other day. I think the end result was that the traffic portion of the service is not availably in all areas. Hope that helps.
Kurt:thumbup:
The thing I don't get tho, is it was working yesterday morning. When I spoke with XM they didn't mention what you're saying either. Course I guess they wouldn't advertise that fact. And thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you going through the Subscribe screen.

If you just wait for the subscription, sometimes it will not reset the Traffic/Weather unless you redo the Subscribe. This erases the subscription and it recaptures all the sent subscriptions.

To my knowledge the Goldwings radio is the only XM radio that requires this.

IF it has been over three hours since you asked for the subscription, you need to go on line and inter your radio number. This will give you another three hour window to do the subscription.

http://xmradio.com/refresh/

John

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If you just wait for the subscription, sometimes it will not reset the Traffic/Weather unless you redo the Subscribe. This erases the subscription and it recaptures all the sent subscriptions.

IF it has been over three hours since you asked for the subscription, you need to go on line and inter your radio number. This will give you another three hour window to do the subscription.

John
Thanks, trying your suggestion now. Fred's idea was a no go. I appreciate the help guys/gals.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John...

John
You win the prize...(a great big THANKS):thumbup:. Your suggestion did the trick, I just went out and checked and it finally loaded.
Kudos to the board and all here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts