GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I display the XM radar display while driving, or does this only show while stopped (after choosing weather from the menu options)?
Thanks.

Marc

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
You can toggle between the Traffic and Weather and standard GPS screens while moving, by simply holding in on the ZOOM button on the left handlebar.

The system also has pop-up windows of the radar that will automatically appear in your standard GPS map screen, along with voice warnings, when you get near rain or storms.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Can I display the XM radar display while driving, or does this only show while stopped (after choosing weather from the menu options)?
Thanks.

Marc
After pressing and holding the ZOOM button as Fred discussed you can also change between the 4 NavWeather screens (current conditions, road conditions, Winds, NWS). If you have NavTraffic, you can also flip over to the traffic screen. While on these screens, you are able to zoom in and out of the screen but are not able to pan around the screen. You have to enter from the menu option (bike stopped) inorder to pan around the screens.

Oh and unlike when you enter the weather screen via the menu, you do not get the 5min interval history images. You just the latest image. The little icon that shows up in the lower left corner (as Fred mentioned) does refresh every 5 minutes to get the latest image.

I'm assuming you don't own the bike yet but this is all covered in the Navi manual incase you need to educate the dealer. :p

·
Registered
306 Posts
PUSH IN AND HOLD IN the navigation toggle switch until you see tabs appear on top of your map.

Each tab represents a different feature: Weather, Traffic, Alerts, Etc

To get to the next tab: PUSH AND HOLD TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT the navigation toggle switch.

To get back to the navigation map, PUSH IN AND HOLD IN the navigation toggle switch.

Whichever tab you exit back to the navigation map from will be the one you enter into the next time you press and hold coming from the navigation map.

So, I leave my tabs on the weather and then simply switch back and forth with the PUSH IN AND HOLD.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mucho Gracias!!

I'm glad that ya'll have reposted this. I just skimed through the manual and didn't see it. I thought I was going to have to pull over and stop to get to the weather screen.

:bow:

Thanks,

Lewiws

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I just did a three day weekend with my wife. The weather forecast was 30% scattered showers. I knew the bike was around three months old, but didn't really know when the trial period would actually end.

I checked it Thursday night before we left and all was good. On Friday morning we headed out and I could see a few showers west of us. We stopped at a Bakery at about 10:00. When we came out, the weather & traffic screens would not come up.

Turns out that my service got pulled three hours into a three day trip. What are the odds!

I missed it, but I hate XM with a passion. I had all kinds of billing and customer service issues with them a few years ago. I may reconsider a subscription in the fall, but my wife doesn't ride in the hot weather (which means the next six months) so the GW only gets ridden 30-50 miles at a time every two or three weeks until November.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts