GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What half cover gives the best bang for the buck?

Robert

·
Registered
322 Posts
cover

Scouter, I've used Ultra Guard 1/2 covers and full covers for years with no issues. I cover my bike with the 1/2 cover every day at work and use the full cover at times when on a road trip and the weather gets bad overnight. Just my 2 cents worth. :cool:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You can get a Nelson-Rigg UV-2000-04-XL on Amazon for under $30. I bought two to cover my sidecar rig. Only thing I don't like is there is no "flannel" for over the windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Nelson-Rigg, the Deluxe All Season for a full cover (which has the protective pad for the windshield and is vented), or their half cover. $45 or less for either and they come with a compression bag for storage.

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
I always use the TourKing. A friend just got back from a PCH ride where there can be lots of wind at night. At night, he always puts a 1/2 shell on. He reports scratches as a result. A TourKing only covers the windscreen, the seat, the dash, and bars. They also pack up smaller than a qt size Gatorade.

www.tourkingcovers.com

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Another Ultraguard user here. Mine has been on about 6 cross country trips and is holding up great. It comes with a stuff sack and it can be shoved into the top box or where every you want to store it. It has been in down pours and has kept the bike 95 percent dry after all these years. I need to get a can of spray waterproofing and give it a touch up. I will get another one when this one finally wears out.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I always use the TourKing. A friend just got back from a PCH ride where there can be lots of wind at night. At night, he always puts a 1/2 shell on. He reports scratches as a result. A TourKing only covers the windscreen, the seat, the dash, and bars. They also pack up smaller than a qt size Gatorade.

www.tourkingcovers.com
I have and love what Gregg uses for many, many years

Ronnie

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I don't know if they still sell them, but I use Wing stuffs brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
I have and love what Gregg uses for many, many years

Ronnie
Every couple of years I have to replace mine, but they work well, take up little to no space, and don't cost a lot too replace. It's one of only 2 items that I always look for when I'm at Wing Ding. Unfortunately it is easier to order them on-line, since the venders selling bed mattresses, and steak knives don't sell m/c covers too !!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
https://www.skn-it.com/ I have one of these an am very happy with it. Easy to install and it stays put in the wind and rain. The stretchy material is durable and they put an extra piece where it touches the antennas. I've used it every day at work for over two years and it has held up well in the Arizona sun.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another pleased Ultraguard owner. Tried the Nelson-rigg and it didn't fit as well as the UG.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Another satisfied Ultraguard user. Covers the front nose to the back and generally protects the seat most of the way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've used Tour King covers for years, and I had a chance to meet Tour King's owner back when Honda Homecoming was held in Marysville, OH where he had a booth.

A couple of things he told me about his cover that I like; one is that you don't have to fold the antenna's when you put the cover on. Another thing is that the cover only comes in contact with very little of the painted parts; the advantage is if its windy the cover could be rubbing on the paint. The Tour King cover comes with a stuff sack and ends up being just a hair bigger than a can of pop when it's in the sack, so it tucks away nicely in a saddlebag.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts