GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my front and rear power plugs in the mail today. For some reason, I don't seem to have a 1 3/16" drill bit handy...(LOL) I doubt a lot of folks have one sitting around.

So.....how are you guys making the hole to mount the plugs? Roto saw?

Thanks,

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK :D :D :D :D

Got the rear trunk plug installed!! Just curious though, what are the other two open plugs for under the liner? There were 3 open plugs, one white (two wire), one red (two wire), one white (6 wire).

I used a volt ohm meter and found the red was hot all the time so that is where I plugged in the trunk socket. What are the two white plugs for?

Thanks,

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I am pretty sure one is for the outlet as you have found, the other two wire should be for the spoiler and I don't know about the last 6 wire one.

G

·
kg5ie said:
I got my front and rear power plugs in the mail today. For some reason, I don't seem to have a 1 3/16" drill bit handy...(LOL) I doubt a lot of folks have one sitting around.

So.....how are you guys making the hole to mount the plugs? Roto saw?

Thanks,
Good thing you don't have a 1 3/8" drill bit. If you had tried to drill hole through the plastic trunk with one you would regret it...BIG TIME

Get a hole saw. They are cheap.

Good Luck...Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
kg5ie said:
OK :D :D :D :D

Got the rear trunk plug installed!! Just curious though, what are the other two open plugs for under the liner? There were 3 open plugs, one white (two wire), one red (two wire), one white (6 wire).

I used a volt ohm meter and found the red was hot all the time so that is where I plugged in the trunk socket. What are the two white plugs for?

Thanks,
Spoiler brake light
Inner trunk light
Lighted vanity mirror

1 - 7 of 7 Posts