GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
That can be helpful. Our Wally has not had ANY non- EC oil lately & the Zone wants $8+ for a quart. The five quart gives me the wing and half the z400. So two gives me two and one. Which is about the frequency of changes.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thanks for sharing the good news. I printed it out and will pick up 5 quarts today!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm due for the oil change so thatnks for the posting.
Is there a certain formulation that we should not use, like one with friction modifiers?
Is there a different cap color for the one without friction modifiers?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Thanks for sharing. :yes1: Now I can change my oil and start a new "oil thread".

·
Registered
234 Posts
So is the coupon usable? There's a line in the small print saying, "Coupon may not be distributed via Internet sites". Isn't that where we got it?

·
Banned
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I printed off and just an hour ago went to Autozone and got my jug for $10 off. They had never heard of the coupon but they scanned it and said it was legit. $29 for a 5 quart jug of mobil 1.:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I printed off and just an hour ago went to Autozone and got my jug for $10 off. They had never heard of the coupon but they scanned it and said it was legit. $29 for a 5 quart jug of mobil 1.:thumbup:
I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and picked up a 5qt jug for $24.88 and didn't need a coupon. Hmmmm......:shrug:

Wonder if Wal-Mart accepts competitors coupons? Now I'm being greedy! :p

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
So is the coupon usable? There's a line in the small print saying, "Coupon may not be distributed via Internet sites". Isn't that where we got it?
That pesky "fine print" :cry:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have three vehicles to do, including the Wing, so this will save me $30 (at three different stores!). :cool:

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Advance is running a special 5 qts of 10w40 with Bosch filter for 31.89. You can do the same or less at Wally but they must have what you want, else.... nada.

The auto parts stores are selling Mobil 1 syn for cars at $8.50 and they sell the motorcycle oil at $9.50.

Wally sells a jug for 10w40 for $24+ and you can get a filter for a coupla bucks. I think I'm going for Advance.

Now...... I think.....

Mobile 1 M1-108
Bosh 3300
Walmart ST6607

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Mobil 1

I use Mobil 1 15 - 50. It is the only automotive Mobil 1 without the friction modifiers.
For some reason, the hi-mileage Mobil 1 does not have the modifiers. For those of you rushing out to Autozone or Walmart just be sure to check the back of the bottle to make sure the circle is blank on the bottom indicating no friction modifiers. Ride safe everyone.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I use Mobil 1 15 - 50. It is the only automotive Mobil 1 without the friction modifiers.
For some reason, the hi-mileage Mobil 1 does not have the modifiers. For those of you rushing out to Autozone or Walmart just be sure to check the back of the bottle to make sure the circle is blank on the bottom indicating no friction modifiers. Ride safe everyone.
0W-40 "European Formula" (BMW, Porshe, Mercedes) also has no friction modifiers, but I wouldn't put it in my Goldwing. 0W- is too low in my opinion.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just came from Wally World...they honor competitors coupons. They only had 2 qts. of Racing RT4 for the Wing, so I just bought the big jug of 5W30 for my car. I was out the door for $16.24!!! I'm going back tomorrow to buy another jug for the other vehicle, then I'll hit another Wally World for the Wing.

Thanks dhawk for the great lead!!!! :bow:

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
I can't find the 15W50 Mobil One at Wally World anymore.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I can't find the 15W50 Mobil One at Wally World anymore.
Yeah, what's up with that?
My local WW has been short of a lot of stuff I usually by there. :shrug:
thecruiser

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Mobil 1 15w50 at Wallyworld

A few months ago I saw a clearance shelf with 3 jugs of Mobil 1 15W50 at I think, 17 or 18 ea. I bought them all. Special red sale tag. I think they were discontinuing carrying that weight as I have not seen it at Walmart even in quarts. I'm out now, so if I can't find it at a good price, I'll go back to Rotella.
We sell it at the Advance Auto store where I work part time, but even with my employee discount, its still pricey and we don't have the 5 qt jugs either.

Just an FYI, Walmart had an exclusive on 5qt containers from all the major oil companies for about 2 years. If you notice, at Advance, Auto-Zone, etc the containers are marked 5.1 or 5+. That was the lawyers solution to get around the contract with Walmart. Just shows you how big Walmart is that they can tie up major oil companies like that. They added another ounce to get around the contract!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My walmart has a 10W40 and a 30 wt. oil with the bottom of the circle blank.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts