GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it today . Bought the bike new on 1-10-04 and turned up 100,000 miles today coming home from work

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Brian Hand said:
I did it today . Bought the bike new on 1-10-04 and turned up 100,000 miles today coming home from work
What? No picture of the odometer at 100mph?

We have high standards here! :lol:

(Congrats anyway! :wink: )

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Congrats Brian :!:

That's a lot of miles in 22 months. Sure am glad we were there to ride a few of them with you. EDIT: Fuzz shouldn't be counting late at night :oops: :oops: .... maybe 34 months is a little more correct!

Guess the guy didn't show up with the check huh?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
One thing seems to come out here. You either live along way from work or you just don't go to work very oftern :!: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, that is alot of miles in a short time. You obviously love to ride...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ride to work every day that its not raining and no ice (that dont happen much in Texas) its a 86 mile round trip 5 to 6 days a week and 60 -70 hours a week if I had more time off to make some long rides I might could get some miles on her before she dryrots.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Brian Hand said:
I ride to work every day that its not raining and no ice (that dont happen much in Texas) its a 86 mile round trip 5 to 6 days a week and 60 -70 hours a week if I had more time off to make some long rides I might could get some miles on her before she dryrots.
I've had mine 18 months and it's only got 10,000 on it. The bike is probably overkill for me but it's truly the only motorcycle made that doesn't look like a circus clown act when I'm on it. I bet it's nice being able to ride that much though. I'd do it if I could. I bet it runs like the day you bought it.

Scott

·
Registered
605 Posts
Fred H. said:
Good job Brian. Welcome to the 100K club.
I sure hope you kept both hands on the bars and had your passenger take the picture :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
1000000 in 22 months ???? Are you sure ?

1000000 in 22 months. Is 4546 miles a month . Thats 1136 miles a week.
Thats 162 miles a day 7 days a week.
If He travels 162 miles a day every day of the week it would take 2Hrs 10 min a day every day of the week.
Or 1134 miles per weekend.

Got some questions.
What do you do for a living ?
What are your Hrs per week working ?
Were you trying to rack up the miles for a reason ?

:lol:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
G-Funk said:
1000000 in 22 months ???? Are you sure ?

1000000 in 22 months. Is 4546 miles a month . Thats 1136 miles a week.
Thats 162 miles a day 7 days a week.
If He travels 162 miles a day every day of the week it would take 2Hrs 10 min a day every day of the week.
Half of that is to/from work... but I agree, it's hard to see how he would have the time to ride the rest of the miles... or hunt. :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
First, none of you should doubt Brian's statement. I've been priviledged to know Mr. Hand for quite a few years here, and he's not in the habit of stretching the truth (read lying). I've also been priviledged to be with Brian for at least a few of those miles.

Now, about that 2007 you've been talking about, Brian!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
244 Posts
MesquiteBob. no one is calling anyone a lier. It's human to doubt those numbers. There impressive nun the less , but have you ever though we might want to see how He did it ? Go look at my post and NOTICE where I ask some questions.
Be careful BBQBob. And it would be nice to have Him answer for His post please. Nice to meet you. :lol:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Brian is not the one that said 22 months, incorrectly by the way, I am :!: I have edited my prior post. Sorry for the flap Big Guy, you know I didn't do it intentionally and I apologize. That is still a lot of riding for a guy that works as hard and as much as you do.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts