GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pretty excited to have met my long term goal of riding 100 miles min every month consecutively for 100 months . Was getting nervous as March days were running out and after last weeks trials bike crash resulted in 4 slightly torn calf muscle areas and 3 severely strained muscles in same knee . Was gonna cause me to miss my goal . Well it was a challenge to mount the Wing , I gotter done !!
I would like to thank @cycledude for years ago telling me he keeps track of months he has ridden . I never gave it a thought till that day . Well I always gotta one up everything . Also Mike and I where in a contest years ago on who could ride the most miles in one calendar year. It almost cost me a divorce and over $5000 in Kwik trip credit card damage but again,,, one up. I owe this goal to Mike . He unknowingly has been pushing me from first day I met that hardcore Goldwinger ! Thx Mike and it was nice waving at ya today as you rode by !! FYI I just got home when you ride by . FYI leg is not doing the best right now , but totally worth it , lol .
Next goal 100 in 150 months , see pix in 4 years . If this wing hangs on that is . She is starting to get tired of my riding style .

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Well it’s nice to hear I actually was a good influence !
So you have been riding for 8.3 years without missing a month.
I’m currently only at 38 months without missing.
My highest ever was 78 months in September of 2007 but then I broke my leg and missed 4 months.
Went by your place on my way to Menards to check some window prices.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it’s nice to hear I actually was a good influence !
So you have been riding for 8.3 years without missing a month.
I’m currently only at 38 months without missing.
My highest ever was 78 months in September of 2007 but then I broke my leg and missed 4 months.
Went by your place on my way to Menards to check some window prices.
Your 78 months is what prompoted me to shoot for 100 .
Hard to ride with broken leg . God knows I tried in high school :surprise:.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Well I used to shoot for a hundred every month. I have a had a few months that broke that trend. I had one year that the water main broke and I had over 4 inches on the road and sidewalk for more than a month. I did get a ride early that month but not a hindered. This last February no one hundred in the month. Fortunately I am not as driven as my Marshfield friend. I will most likely get out again tomorrow for a bit. Not sure. I am planning on smoking a 5 pound pork loin that I have been marinating for a few days. Mike you can keep him honest..LOL Were you at Menard's in Marshfield or did you get lost when you left one by you?

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
George there is no Menards where I live, the closest one is Marshfield and I usually wind up driving by the rail mansion either coming or going and sometimes like today both ways, someone has to keep an eye on rail.

·
Registered
194 Posts

Pretty excited to have met my long term goal of riding 100 miles min every month consecutively for 100 months . Was getting nervous as March days were running out and after last weeks trials bike crash resulted in 4 slightly torn calf muscle areas and 3 severely strained muscles in same knee . Was gonna cause me to miss my goal . Well it was a challenge to mount the Wing , I gotter done !!
I would like to thank @cycledude for years ago telling me he keeps track of months he has ridden . I never gave it a thought till that day . Well I always gotta one up everything . Also Mike and I where in a contest years ago on who could ride the most miles in one calendar year. It almost cost me a divorce and over $5000 in Kwik trip credit card damage but again,,, one up. I owe this goal to Mike . He unknowingly has been pushing me from first day I met that hardcore Goldwinger ! Thx Mike and it was nice waving at ya today as you rode by !! FYI I just got home when you ride by . FYI leg is not doing the best right now , but totally worth it , lol .
Next goal 100 in 150 months , see pix in 4 years . If this wing hangs on that is . She is starting to get tired of my riding style .
Congratulations Rail! That’s an awesome Win!!!

Reactions: cycledude

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Congratulations Rail! That’s an awesome Win!!!
This is nothing I would not expect from him. He has been my close friend for many years and I have witnessed the things his OCD drives him too. Many of you are only now seeing this with things like Trials riding, Off road dirt biking, Slingshots and now Rokon. He in his own words has stated many times, "Don't put anything past the level of stupidity he will sink too.". I cringe about some of the things he does, because he is bound to get hurt. However I see God seems to protect people like him. Unfortunately I do know that the day will come when his body will laugh and tell him remember when you did this and laughed about it. Guess who's laughing now? I feel it every day. He will too.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You will need a lot more than 1 eye for Rail.. 4 on each side of head might not be enough...

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OCD = old cool dude .

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

I've done that since 1999. BUT, I cheat! I live in South Carolina. LOL!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've done that since 1999. BUT, I cheat! I live in South Carolina. LOL!!!!!!!!!
I condone cheating , no worries . It's getting caught that has reprocussions I am not fond of . I dream of living in that area or west of there somewhat . Than my goal would be 10,000 a month .>:)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats quite a feat, you should be proud of that !

I am , but not as proud of it as when o did all Wi rustic roads on one calendar year . That was an an compliment I will most likely never top .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts