GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a wonderful for a ride yesterday.....Wife needed potato's for soup asked me to go....Well Away I went to town for the 5 lb bag of potato's....Trouble was took a side trip....100 miles later home with the potato's....
She went and got her own potato's and got the soup going...Well me and my bag of potato's have learned a very lesson....
NEVER TAKE A WING TO GET POTATO"S....This wing could get me a cold bed....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, I know............I was told to get a Sunday paper yesterday. She doesn't read the rag, just wants the sale fliers in it. Sunday morning paper run, 46 degrees and sunny, not many days left till snowbound.............about 100 miles and early afternoon return....... :wink:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Monen.....no sense of humor!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Happens to me all the time, except I usually go 150 to 200 miles and get back after dinner. Cold beds and spare rooms are getting to be the norm for me....Oh well.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wife loves to ride....But when she is making dinner for the family I guess the potato run was not the best move....

·
Registered
311 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Next time.... stay over night... i bet her attitude would be different..

cosmic
Yeah, different but not in a good way :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cosmic::::::: :biker: Hey the next time the wife needs somthing picked up at the store and I take the long way (about two days) can I stay with you for about a month or two ?????? :capwin:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The trick here is to ALWAYS take much longer to do any erands while on the bike. :lol: I tell my wife that there is a space time continuem warp thing-a-ma-giggy feature built into every motorcycle such that it always takes much longer to get anything from the store or from pont A to point B. She now expects it and if there is something really really important, or really really time critical, she is sure to warn me ahead of time so I can plan accordingly or take the cage.

When I call her from out on the road and I tell her that I should be home in an hour or so, she now knows that means 3-4 hours...minimum. No more arguments, no more cold meals, no more sleeping on the couch, and everyone is happy. Works for us! 8)

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Baby Redwing... you bet you can stay... I have an extra bedroom over the shop... we only make noise 8 to 5... after that.. its quiet...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Similar thing happend to me about this time last year. Quick trip to the store turned into a 450 mile run.
It probably wouldn't have been so far, but the Gulf of Mexico got in my way.
OOPs.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
OK ,I give up. How the he-- do you guys get outta the drive without the wife. If my wife needs something form the store, she'll let me go in the cage, no problem. If I start to go on the Wing, she says "forget about the store, lets take a ride." :lol:
DC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
OK ,I give up. How the he-- do you guys get outta the drive without the wife. If my wife needs something form the store, she'll let me go in the cage, no problem. If I start to go on the Wing, she says "forget about the store, lets take a ride." :lol:
DC
And your problem is???? Just take the wife and eat out. :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts