GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Goldwing also known as the 800lb girlfriend just turned 100000 miles last night. Now that she is broke in I guess it's time to tell the wife I need to trade her in and get a 2012 (hey a guy can dream right) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Guess I will have to start using long life high mileage engine oil !!!!!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Just getting broke in, it'll go another 100,000 easy.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Congratulations on the 100,000 miles! :congrats:
What replacement parts have you had to install during that time?

Mike

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lots of sMILES. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Dirty Fat Girl here, she's not too far behind, we should pass 100,000 within a year. Congrats on the milestone.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I sold my '01 with 167,500 smiles on the clock in Jan. of this year and bought an '04 that only had 7,700 mi. on it from a person I knew and got a super deal. My '01 never burned any oil and other than tires, spark plugs, oil/filter, and brake pads it was absolutely bullet proof. Their were only 2 very minor warranty issues.:thumbup:

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
My OH-TWO got her 95,000 mile oil change today. I figure to ride it until she croaks or I croak. Hmmm. Maybe I, too, need an oil change.

prs

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My OH-TWO got her 95,000 mile oil change today. I figure to ride it until she croaks or I croak. Hmmm. Maybe I, too, need an oil change.

prs

My Oh-Three got her 28K mile oil change today. ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 100,000 mile club. Just keep changing the oil and filter and keep riding. I'm at 106+ on the 04. The olny issues you need to be aware of are the final drive and the alt. You're at the mileage that these have been known to fail. Had my final replaced at 97,000 under ext warranty. Final drives are fairly cheap from trike take offs and are an easy repair as is the alt.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Congrats ... you have many more miles ahead of you if you decide to keep her.

Donnie

·
Administrator
3,718 Posts
Congrats on the 100K. I planned to do the Fred Harmon trick of photographing the odo/speedo at 100 mph as it rolled over 100,000 miles, but my procrastination got in the way. I'll try for 200 mph at 200K.

I turned 118,000 miles yesterday on my '06. I've basically done nothing but change oil, filters, air filters, tires, and add gas as needed. I've changed antifreeze, clutch and brake fluids and brake pads a couple of times, differential fluid every other oil change, but valves have not needed adjusting, and I still have my original fork seals.

The only fault I've found with these Wings is that the gas tank keeps going empty. Must be a factory design problem.

I'll retire in a few months so that I can go riding, and I expect to have well over 200K miles before it runs out of warranty.

Are these great machines or what??

Glen

·
Registered
517 Posts
You are just getting started on mileage. I triked my 2002 at 148,000. Didn't like the trike, sold it to a fellow that has over 300,000 on her now. Hasn't had a wrench put on her except for normal maintenance and fork seals

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Congratulations on the hundred grand. I'm a little behind on my 02. I figured I would be at that number by now, but life got in the way. I will get there eventually.

·
Lost Member
150 Posts
Congratulations on your mileage marker at 100k. I know you have had
a lot of good times getting there, with more to come. These bikes are
mile eating machines. :thumbup:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats, you give the rest of us confidence.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts