GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding partner & I left middle Tennessee @ 4 am this morning. We rode to Gulf Shores Al. to eat at The Oyster House. We did 1020 miles and arrived home at 8 pm. We will do it again, but not tomorrow.
It was our second Iron Butt ride. We have done over 900 a few other times.

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:agree::thumbup::thumbup: MILES = SMILES

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
521 Posts
2nd Iron Butt Ride

Sounds like you two are preparing for the 50CC. What I want to know is where was that picture taken in your signature? That's where I want to eat.

·
Registered
924 Posts
hmm is the girl in the pic (avatar) your partner......don't know if I could get much riding in ;)

in all seriousness though thats a great ride in that time...congrats..jer

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pretty face in my avatar is Michelle Smith, she was the host of American Thunder, a mostly H D and custom bike show that was on TV a few years ago. I met her at a bike show in Louisville, Ky.
She looks ten times better in person. Use google to see some pics.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Congrats an your IB ride. I love long days in the saddle like that. Especially when a good meal is involved.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
the picture in the avtar. i would ride over a thousand miles for those oysters!!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
16 hours for 1020 miles and an oyster lunch? That is some purdy hard ridin there cowboy. Sounds like you had a great day and did exactly what MC's are made for. Made a memory.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I rode with wife all day. About 7 hours in the saddle. I told her it's not the miles it's how long you are in the saddle. I was thinking how did I ever do 2 consecutive over 1000 mile days last year. Again, it's the time in the saddle not the distance. I wish I lived near you guys. Sounds like you ride like I like to ride.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I rode with wife all day. About 7 hours in the saddle. I told her it's not the miles it's how long you are in the saddle. I was thinking how did I ever do 2 consecutive over 1000 mile days last year. Again, it's the time in the saddle not the distance. I wish I lived near you guys. Sounds like you ride like I like to ride.

Was the food worth the trip???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts