GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah what a nice number George .:tongue: to you Jwen we got another one:thumbup: one by one the Darkside is movin forward :yes1:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Ah what a nice number George .:tongue: to you Jwen we got another one:thumbup: one by one the Darkside is movin forward :yes1:
:eek:4::eek:4::eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing . . . .

JWEN owes me lunch again!!!

:thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
John,

You are next. You will be so amazed by the performance. I was totally
blown away. 1500rider was behind me on the way home and he so nothing
that was not performance better than before. I am thinking he may even change the 1500 over to a CT.

John/Mike come to the darkside. Ken/Leanne you will be impressed and after my experience over the 3 week perior before and during RG 2010
last year the run flat idea had me sold. The handling on the way home locked it up though. Great traction in the rain, smoother ride, tar strips had no affect, and it really dug in on the sweepers and twisties. I got home and took Nancy for a ride and she was in awe. Bumps didn't make her back hurt, and she never even hit me in the turns, because she said it felt so smooth.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Looks like this thread belongs on the Darkside Board!!!!!!:popcorn:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
John, do not even fight it

Even my new pull behind trailer has TWO car tires on it

Dont worry John, they will still have a number for you when you admit the err of your tire choice.......

·
Registered
4,019 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yep,
Rode behind vettesherps and the tire looked good, Didn't start lifting untill we hit a cloverleaf. Tire lifted 1/3 to 1/2 way up, still more that a mt. Going through some sweepers the tire flexed but didn't lift. Lots more contact area. He said it took a little more to initiate a turn, wonder if it took more to flex the ct or is the ct trying to keep the bike going straight? Is it a matter of how much it leans or how much the handlebars get moved? If its the bars, would that mean the front will wear faster?

Al seriousness aside, I did get to eat a darksider cookie. Now that Ive had a taste of the darkside, I may never go back....:lol:

So John, maybe if we can get a hold of some more cookies, it will sweeten the deal and be enough to bring you, too, to the darkside:popcorn:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
1018 OldAge 1019 lawsonmech1 1020 Biker John 1021 Rick Crawford 1022 Test Pilot 1023 rsjcrich 1024 Fyn 1025 Vettersherps

I see it is official now, George has his #

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
rite now i am enjoying a bag of M&M's !!!
I think I will join you Mike!!!!!!!! In fact Sarah just bought the big bags again one plain and one peanut!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
John, do not even fight it

Even my new pull behind trailer has TWO car tires on it

Dont worry John, they will still have a number for you when you admit the err of your tire choice.......
POT STIRRER!!!!!!!!!!!!:22yikes::eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing . . . .

JWEN owes me lunch again!!!

Please include me on these friendly bets from now on :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Rail, I thought you were the one to open the original wager on George going Dark, and I was just an add on to the bet . . . .

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rail, I thought you were the one to open the original wager on George going Dark, and I was just an add on to the bet . . . .
I was trying but no takers :cry: oh don't worry about me there will be more from Wi. Board soon enough :twisted:It's just a matter of time.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I hope so !! Should be a sure thing being that the guy that can move it and I do not see eye to eye anyways.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Na gonna stick with my M&M's:thumbup:
Once again . . . . M & M's are so common, they can be purchased everywhere . . . . they make millions every day . . . .

Darksider Cookies are lovingly made in a home that is full of love and are therefore much more valuable . . . .

To each his own, I will eat the M & Ms but the Cookies are to be preferred . . . .

·
Registered
121 Posts
I also heard that Gary Judnik just had a car tire put on his wing

Number Please.....

You would be correct Loren, Just installed a car tire. Not enough miles on it yet to give a good opinion. I'm leaving for Niagra Falls Saturday should be able to make a better assessment after that trip. I must admit I was VERY sceptical of the CT but after the few miles I put on with it I think it will be OK. Not making the official switch to the Darkside just yet......maybe a few cookies would help! When I get back from my trip I am going to switch back to my motorcycle tire for a while and let my brother try out the CT for awhile. My only complaint with the CT at this point is it goes on hard, I had to modify my lift table to make it possible to get the tire on the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts