GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soon approaching the 12,000 mile service i do not do any work on this machine myself and was wondering what to expect to pay for this and what would be :bow: reasonable

· Registered
847 Posts
The first big service is at 16,000 which would be air filter and plugs, 12,000 should just be a oil and filter change. Average price for that should be about 50-60 bucks tops.

· Registered
687 Posts

50-60 wow I need to move back to CT, I pay $112.00. I think I need to find a different dealer.:wrong:

Why don't you just do your own oil changes? You could easily do 4 oil changes for that kind of cash, plus you know it was done right.

· Registered
17,884 Posts
IF the dealer really does all the list of scheduled services, then 60 clams will not cut it. Get your owner's manual out and check what is to be done and do an as best guess at the time involved per procedure as if you were doing so with one hand tied behind your back and figure an hourly shop rate plus full retail for parts and lubes, plus disposal fee for the old oil and filter, plus tax. I think the list includes such nice little gems as check fuel lines and check secondary air supply; if so, that means the top shelter is to come off. That is nuts, but if its listed and they do it its time and $. Plus, you likely are due tires too. Yep, its almost as expensive as having a mistress and, like that, lots of us prefer to do the service ourselves. ;-)

Let us know how you make out.

prs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.