GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there 12 vdc under the left fairing pocket? Can I use this for led's on the front rotors etc? Or where is the easiest place to oick it up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Kury's connected to a Y splitter I put in line on the power wire for the mirrors.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is 12V available under both pockets. There is also a fused accessory terminal on the fuse panel by the battery. I guess which source you use would depend on how many accessories you plan on and whether or not you will need a power socket or heated grips, or ??????
Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
!2 Volt dc location

can someone tell me where is the 12 volt plug located under the right pocket. I thought there was one there for the heated grips, but I can't find it. I am installing a voltage guage, and I did not want to remove the seat to find 12v. thanks
P.S. I have recieved so much help from this site.

·
Registered
58 Posts
On the 03 and older it is near the right front speaker, sometimes tucked behind it. On the 04 it was moved to the left side of the opening for the right fairing pocket.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The right poscket plug is waaaaayyyyyyy up under the speaker. It has a wire lead about 1 inch long and is a real PITA to get to. I had the top shelter off and still had a problem getting the extra power outlet installed. :cry:
Good luck :!:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts