GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I got my I-pod plug into the 12 volt plug all the time and stored in the left side pocket.

If the 12 volt plug is on all the time, why doesn't my I-pod stay on also when the bike sits idol ??

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The left side power plug if wired into the stock harness is only on when the key is on.

The power plug installed in the trunk is on 24/7.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have seen this mentioned several times now about a 12 power plug in the trunk. I have looked at my 06 wing and do not see a 12 volt plug in the trunk anywhere. Question is is this something installed after market or was it there from the factory?
Or where is the 12 volt plug located in the trunk?
Lee

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
GWLee said:
I have seen this mentioned several times now about a 12 power plug in the trunk. I have looked at my 06 wing and do not see a 12 volt plug in the trunk anywhere. Question is is this something installed after market or was it there from the factory?
Or where is the 12 volt plug located in the trunk?
Lee
Its an after market item....

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think the plug for "plug and play" install of the 12 v plug is above the black cover on the lid of the trunk. Anyone know for sure? There are about 400 screws to take out to access the area above the trunk.

Bill

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yup, the plug is above the lid liner. Some of those "400" screws are different lengths so make certain as you take them out you note where each went or you'll get the dreaded "trunk top dimples" when you put them back :22yikes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hell, I can't even find the power outlet near the left faring pocket - found the "aux" audio cable - where's the plug, kinda exactly? Would be nice to have power to the iPod...

I assume there is some kind of adapter to go to the iPod - mine is an older 40GB iPod (before they came up with the fancy names) - that sits in a base or uses a cigarette lighter adapter in the cage. Don't want to add one of those if I don't have to...

Thanks - just confused...

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Guys - NONE of the 12V accessory sockets are stock from the factory - there is a 12V plug available for the LH pocket from Honda as a dealer-installed option or you can go aftermarket and install it yourself.

There are also aftermarket plugs available for the trunk lid that are powered from the always-hot circuit that is provided under the lid for the dealer-installed 'lighted vanity mirror' option.

You can find solutions for all of these devices at HDL or Electrical Connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts