GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday Gang,

New to the wing world with a 2008. The bike is out of town and hopefully riding the bike home tomorrow.

Is the 12v cigarette lighter socket standard equipment in the left storage area?

I’m going to hooking up some 12v accessories like a Zumo 595LM, USB charger, heated gear and possibly a volt meter. From looking around on the net, I cant find a definite answer. Is there a 12v hookup or lead somewhere on the bike to connect accessories to?

Thanks
Spiff

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cihlib, when I get home I’ll look for the connector. Is easy to locate?

I’ll look into fuse block for the gear.

Spiff

No 12v hookup that can take the heated gear. There is a connector on the left side, under the left pocket, but it is limited to 5 amps.
Your best bet would be to add a relay controlled aux fuse block connected directly to the battery and run everything from it.

something like this: https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/honda-goldwing-power-plate-fuse-block/

·
Registered
470 Posts
I used the bare wire hookup for my Zumo and tapped directly into the wires for the connector that cihiilb mentioned. The connector is fairly easy to find as long as you know to look inside the plastic boot that it's hidden in.

For heated gear I would go directly to the battery. Your controller harness should have a 15A fuse in it.

Reactions: Spiff

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
After you remove the left pocket, look for a vinyl cover with a red and white connector. The red, 2 wire, is the aux power. The white plug, three wire, is the aux audio input. Just make sure you don't add anything that requires much current.

If you go with the power block, you can trigger it from the aux terminals in the fuse box.

That way it will only be powered with the key on. Same thing with the aux power in the left pocket.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again cihilb, picking up the bike tomorrow. Will be looking at the wiring next week.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Add your location to the profile. There may be another member near you willing to help you out.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Add your location and respond to this. Very helpful to know where you are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts