GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Yes, I have one. No problems. However, check to find the greatest amount of clearance where you will drill. I have mine on the lower left of the inside lid liner where there is the most clearance.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stick405 said:
Yes, I have one. No problems. However, check to find the greatest amount of clearance where you will drill. I have mine on the lower left of the inside lid liner where there is the most clearance.
thanks. Was yours wired backwards like some reviews I've read???

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey Tex, just did mine last weekend. Easy, less than 15 minutes. And that was with too small a drill bit so had to file the hole a little bigger. Plus, I am not very mechanical. Keep track of the screws as some are longer and if put in the wrong place may come through your trunk lid (advice I got from others on this board).

The instructions said bottom left and it fit there fine.

Good luck,

Bill in da U.P.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Re: hump

royal said:
installed in the "hump" section -- powered by the wire
Pretty much did the same ... I put one of 3 port ones on the inside lid of the trunk.
cost around eight bucks.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
TxGoldWing said:
stick405 said:
thanks. Was yours wired backwards like some reviews I've read???
Negative....scuse the pun. It was as it was spoda be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.