GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tinyurl.com/2tpd83

Will this fit in trunk lid (enough clearance)??

Not going with BMW style powerlet since all I'm ever gonna plug in is my cell phone. Like the plug n play also.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yes, I have one. No problems. However, check to find the greatest amount of clearance where you will drill. I have mine on the lower left of the inside lid liner where there is the most clearance.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stick405 said:
Yes, I have one. No problems. However, check to find the greatest amount of clearance where you will drill. I have mine on the lower left of the inside lid liner where there is the most clearance.
thanks. Was yours wired backwards like some reviews I've read???

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey Tex, just did mine last weekend. Easy, less than 15 minutes. And that was with too small a drill bit so had to file the hole a little bigger. Plus, I am not very mechanical. Keep track of the screws as some are longer and if put in the wrong place may come through your trunk lid (advice I got from others on this board).

The instructions said bottom left and it fit there fine.

Good luck,

Bill in da U.P.

·
Registered
412 Posts
hump

bought mine from wally world -- installed in the "hump" section -- powered by the wire already there for the trunk light

enjoy the ride,
royal

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Re: hump

royal said:
installed in the "hump" section -- powered by the wire
Pretty much did the same ... I put one of 3 port ones on the inside lid of the trunk.
cost around eight bucks.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
TxGoldWing said:
stick405 said:
thanks. Was yours wired backwards like some reviews I've read???
Negative....scuse the pun. It was as it was spoda be.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Guys,
Is the outlet in the trunk always on or does it turn off with the key?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts